• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their website no longer has products for sale, just a store locator. Last time I looked a month or so ago they had a lot of Made in Canada stuff listed.

Huh.
Who is still buying suits these days?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(premise: you like tassel loafers with suits/separates)

What tassel loafer do you like most with navy worsted suits and “menswear uniform”?

Dark brown suede
Dark brown calf
Black suede
Black calf
#8 cordovan
I say #8 Cordovan. I'm in a suit basically every day for work and my Alden #8 cordovan tassels work with almost any suit I have and look just fantastic. Dark brown calf is fine, I guess, but wouldn't you rather feel better than just fine?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure why, but I would prefer #8 on full strap (and sport coat than suit), tassel on black calf and suit

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like suits because I find them easier to coordinate and takes less thinking YMMV

Granted my taste leans more to the casual suiting or setups

Thus, I still like to see new offering every season

Funposter

Reaction score
(premise: you like tassel loafers with suits/separates)

What tassel loafer do you like most with navy worsted suits and “menswear uniform”?

Dark brown suede
Dark brown calf
Black suede
Black calf
#8 cordovan
Dark brown calf>Black calf>Colour 8 Cordovan. Not a fan of suede, generally, and the cordovan is lovely but wearing it, or any brown with too much red in its makeup, tends to clash with navy in an ugly way. I'd say that Color 8+Navy looks too American but we're discussing tassel loafers with worsted wool, so it's a moot point.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like suits because I find them easier to coordinate and takes less thinking YMMV

Granted my taste leans more to the casual suiting or setups

Thus, I still like to see new offering every season
+1. I hate jeans, and the "cool" casual clothes I think look good (leather jackets and such) are all way too cool for me to wear without feeling like a goofus.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like the aesthetic on Tom Ford shoes. Interestingly enough, I think somebody posted that they only have a 180 degree welt:

E34D1FF7-8A8D-4BD0-BE55-A4ECC887A2BF.jpeg
7B1EEEA9-1AC2-425B-8871-902C4B59CFED.jpeg

The top is a Chelsea boot, and the bottom is an Oxford.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really like the aesthetic on Tom Ford shoes. Interestingly enough, I think somebody posted that they only have a 180 degree welt:

View attachment 1964863 View attachment 1964865

The top is a Chelsea boot, and the bottom is an Oxford.

I appreciate the exaggerated nature of it. I remember thinking they seemed decently made when I had my hands on a pair. I wonder who makes them.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the exaggerated nature of it. I remember thinking they seemed decently made when I had my hands on a pair. I wonder who makes them.

I think (based on other forum comments) they use very good leathers, and have nice finishing, but that the construction is ‘ok’. Usually Blake stitched at the higher end, although I have seen some models labeled as Goodyear welted.

The maker may be Max Verre. Although I’m unsure if he designed them for TF, or if he manufactures them.

They are overpriced imo, but nice looking nonetheless.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads