• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

gimpwiz

Reaction score
Yeah, I suspect it's black but kinda shiny, rather than the darker charcoal it appears to be on my monitor.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what makes it look different from the T-shirt is a difference in reflectance. On its own the suit will read as black.

Yup if there are no darker contrast it might as well be black. Depends on the intended purpose, I wouldn’t go full allergic to black.

Side note
Personally I kind want this black cord from Phineas cole, just
1. Hard to find the occasion to wear them given young kid
2. This probably attract fur/hair like no tomorrow, and even though my cat is short hair it’s still everywhere…
3. Too expensive, especially consider how little use I would get out of it…

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup if there are no darker contrast it might as well be black. Depends on the intended purpose, I wouldn’t go full allergic to black.

Side note
Personally I kind want this black cord from Phineas cole, just
1. Hard to find the occasion to wear them given young kid
2. This probably attract fur/hair like no tomorrow, and even though my cat is short hair it’s still everywhere…
3. Too expensive, especially consider how little use I would get out of it…

I am warming up to the idea of a black pincord suit—didn’t you order something like this from Husbands? But this particular suit looks way too trim, even for Phineas Cole. I wonder whether the original owner had it slimmed down.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
husband paris? Not black on either though very dark.

That Phineas Cole might just have been pined? He didn’t have jacket waist measurement so hard to say how trim it is in reality?

Tuscan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I used to have my shirts made by Simone Abbarchi in Florence. For convenience reasons I am now trying CArmen & Roberta in Turin. I expect the quality and fit to be of higher quality (it is full bespoke, with hand made button holes...). I have done the fittings and am now expecting the first orders to be delivered sometime in June. I will post a few photos and impressions.

Roberta recommended Michele Mescia (also in Turin) for suits. Does anyone have any idea of the price he charges?
Thanks a lot, any indications would be greatly appreciated

JIMIG

Reaction score
(premise: you like tassel loafers with suits/separates)

What tassel loafer do you like most with navy worsted suits and “menswear uniform”?

Dark brown suede
Dark brown calf
Black suede
Black calf
#8 cordovan

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(premise: you like tassel loafers with suits/separates)

What tassel loafer do you like most with navy worsted suits and “menswear uniform”?

Dark brown suede
Dark brown calf
Black suede
Black calf
#8 cordovan
black calf or dark brown(very dark brown) suede

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
black calf or dark brown(very dark brown) suede
Agree with this - it’s already a casual style, so everything else should be as formal as possible.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads