• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think it would look better if it were a touch fuller, NOBD.

Victor Elfo

Reaction score
It's an odd cut. The shoulders are too large, but the rest is slim.

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My doubt is in the shoulder area, Victor.

What would you like fuller, D?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

would go for the next size up, but it doesn't look bad as is. Is there plenty of room?

Enough room for a Stark underneath, I think. :)

Next size up:

That really felt too large in all dimensions. It'll either be this one or I have to go on a search again...

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like the one in the original pic. looks good.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was referring to the body, as it seemed quite tight (not enough room to layer a sweater and comfortably move around), but perhaps it's just that picture. You noted that you can layer a Stark, after all. The next size up seems a touch too big. Between the two, I would go with the second, but I don't think either is that great.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can anyone refer me to someone who can do invisible mending? I found this, but it might be nice to deal with someone in the States, just for ease of shipment. I'm looking to have a sweater repaired, but my usual source isn't taking any more orders until March.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone refer me to someone who can do invisible mending? I found this, but it might be nice to deal with someone in the States, just for ease of shipment. I'm looking to have a sweater repaired, but my usual source isn't taking any more orders until March.

You mean reweaving? There is Alice Zotta and French American Reweaving in NYC. If you search for "reweaving", you might find others.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is a place near Union Square in NYC (Superior Weaving and Mending?) that did exceptional work for me. Could not find the tear after they finished the job.

lefty

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anybody have the PRL 5 pocket cords?
I was looking for an inexpensive pair to try out, and these seemed to fit the bill. How do they fit, longevity, etc?
thanks.
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13381602

I have a couple pair, construction is nothing special, but sturdy enough. Fit is pretty much a comfortable straight fit leg, small wale.

I'm tying these out this year:

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...7_pants&s=D-DollarRank-POLO&parentPage=family

Seemingly better construction, button zip, split waist band. Looking forward to them.

Dewi

Reaction score

anybody have the PRL 5 pocket cords?
I was looking for an inexpensive pair to try out, and these seemed to fit the bill. How do they fit, longevity, etc?
thanks.
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13381602

If they haven't changed them since last year, then I have these in whatever they're calling dark brown.

I probably wear them once every week or two in the autumn, not so much during the summer. They're warm, but not overly, and quite soft. Mine are tagged 32x30, but measure about 33x31, which isn't too bad for mass produced clothing, I guess. They work fine for my purposes (office, driving, errands, piddling about around the house, etc.).

Helpful?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You mean reweaving? There is Alice Zotta and French American Reweaving in NYC. If you search for "reweaving", you might find others.

There is a place near Union Square in NYC (Superior Weaving and Mending?) that did exceptional work for me. Could not find the tear after they finished the job.

lefty

Many thanks! I'll give those a try.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads