• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can imagine!
No, I meant you should look at them if you like those lightweight cashmere scarves. They’re the masters at it and design beautiful colors.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I meant you should look at them if you like those lightweight cashmere scarves. They’re the masters at it and design beautiful colors.
Ah, I thought you were commenting on price and such. :oops:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is insanely expensive and insanely excellent as well. Sent link to wifey as a potential gift idea…

My experience has been that buying one, super nice, very comfortable scarf with a unique blend of color or pattern (beyond solids) is an excellent way to keep your wardrobe fresh and up-to-date. I never regret it even though it may be rather expensive. The rest of my wardrobe is rather simple so it allows a bit of expression as well.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My experience has been that buying one, super nice, very comfortable scarf with a unique blend of color or pattern (beyond solids) is an excellent way to keep your wardrobe fresh and up-to-date. I never regret it even though it may be rather expensive. The rest of my wardrobe is rather simple so it allows a bit of expression as well.
Oh yeah, I have several scarves at that level of quality. Love them.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should look at Begg’s “wispy cashmere” offerings

Wispy cashmere scarf from Begg Is an item that’s been on my wishlist for a couple years, might have to finally make the purchase…..

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wispy cashmere scarf from Begg Is an item that’s been on my wishlist for a couple years, might have to finally make the purchase…..
I have a similar style from Kiton. Super light cashmere but my wife poached it five seconds after I opened the box.

Iskander

Reaction score
I am interested to buy a coat in Casentino wool. What style of coat do you all think works best with this cloth?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBH I kind of regret buying my Rubinacci casentino ulster. The fabric doesn't really drape too well and it isn't the most flattering. Will probably sell it this winter.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am interested to buy a coat in Casentino wool. What style of coat do you all think works best with this cloth?
Casentino reminds me of stuff my daughter wore when she was five.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads