• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MC General Chat

Hellbent

Reaction score
Looking to give chino pants a go. Fairly smart looking, loops and no stretch please. Cordings and JPress are both out of size. Not sure about Bills. Any thoughts on Drakes?

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Looking to give chino pants a go. Fairly smart looking, loops and no stretch please. Cordings and JPress are both out of size. Not sure about Bills. Any thoughts on Drakes?
Check out Sid Mashburn. They have a number of configurations (5-pocket, standard, officer, etc.) in a slew of cloths. Just mind the measurements as they can sometimes vary, depending on the factory used. I find calling the store directly is most helpful.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about Drakes but I like OrSlow's army chino. People say good things about RRL officer's chino.
orSlow's army chino is really good, but I don't know if I'd call it "pretty smart". @Hellbent , are you looking for something with a crease? Pleats? If you're ok with something more workwear then I definitely like the orSlow (and personally chose it over RRL because it has a higher rise).

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about Drakes but I like OrSlow's army chino. People say good things about RRL officer's chino.
Rrl chino is not dress chino though
The J. Press military twill chinos are great but I don't even see them on their site right now (I reached out to J. Press about the cords from this season that were just released but were only ever available on the site in a few odd sizes in any color and was told they have some supply issues and they are expecting re-stocks later in the season on a lot of trousers).

I'd agree with the RRL Officer Chino suggestion. They are pretty great, but can understand if they're not quite as dressy as you'd like for your purposes. They will hold a crease though.

Earlier this year I bought a couple pair of the "U.S. Army Chino 41" from Full Count and have to say that they are my new favorites in that price range. Nice wide legs (that can easily be slimmed a bit if needed), higher waist than the RRL Officer Chino, holds a crease fantastically (not as well as the J. Press though), and a good hard wearing fabric that works well for any situation without being too casual.

I bought mine from Leather Healer in HK and they shipped free and quick to the U.S.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Try Rota for smart chinos.
I have a pair of the Rota twill cotton side tab chinos/khakis that look smart casual. They pair especially well with a knit. They do require dry cleaning to look their best. Ideally, if funds allow, get khakis like this plus a second machine washable pair like the RRL Officer trouser for a much more casual vibe and easy care.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.