• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MC General Chat

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am looking for a lightweight raincoat. Something that can ideally be worn with MC and casual clothes. Because it never gets cold here im fine with just a shell so that I can wear it in summer, too.

garigo

Reaction score
I am looking for a lightweight raincoat. Something that can ideally be worn with MC and casual clothes. Because it never gets cold here im fine with just a shell so that I can wear it in summer, too.
I have this Cohérence coat and I really like it. The brand in general is great, it's lightweight and a bit shorter than the usual trench coat, ending a little above the knee. I think this makes it easier to wear in a more casual way.

If you are interested, Michael Jondral stocks the navy version, currently at 45% off.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I have this Cohérence coat and I really like it. The brand in general is great, it's lightweight and a bit shorter that the usual trench coat, ending a little above the knee. I think this makes it easier to wear in a more casual way.

If you are interested, Michael Jondral stocks the navy version, currently at 45% off.
How does it fare against actual rain?

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up this lightweight Burberry trench many years ago and love it. Fits over a suit and can be worn casually as well. I really like the look of Coherence but have never seen them in the wild.

1627314084545.png

Last edited:

garigo

Reaction score
How does it fare against actual rain?
Pretty well I would say, it's water resistant rather than waterproof but I never had a problem in the rain. Granted that I also carry an umbrella when needed.

Mark Cho has a couple of videos in which you can better see how the coat looks like. On me it wears slightly shorter than how it does on Mark.

garigo

Reaction score
Another option would be the raglan coat by Stòffa. It's currently available at MR PORTER, but I think you can get better pictures if you browse the old Stòffa lookbooks. With them you would have the option of going MTM and selecting the color from the ones they offer.

Spring2021_Layout_V4_07.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would just get some synthetic shell that has a hood (don’t want to carry umbrella at the same time)….

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
It's against the law for anyone in Atlanta to have a proper, nice umbrella, so I recommend a coat that will actually keep you dry. Accordingly, I defer to Gore-Tex, the only material I've worn that keeps me totally dry, even in a downpour.

Check out Herno Laminar. They make a bunch of Gore-Tex shells that are super inconspicuous and actually keep the rain out. I also really like Arc'Teryx Veilance. Similarly somber and capable but with some cool design quirks that make them a bit more visually interesting. Nanamica also makes some cool, utilitarian jackets. Their Soutien jacket is nice and easy.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strongly recommend Veilance. I wear mine with CM and also looks great with SW&D fits. Waterproof, tapes seams, etc.

Edit: I second all of @bourbonbasted ’s recommendations.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup definitely need hood, I would have thought NR is on the heavier side of things though?

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A hood is definitely preferable. I suppose if you are a hardcore I-Gent, a hood would not be considered elegant (“sartorial” lol).

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.