• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MC General Chat

Jtchapman

Reaction score
It's a drapey rather louche take on CM, but I'm really digging adret at the moment, unfortunately their stuff is out of my budget, but I am considering commissioning a slightly roomier fit linen DB, inspired by their cardi-jacket. Really loving the new anthology RTW too, definitely need every colour knitted tee and a seersucker lazyman jacket, hell, they might even change my views on drawstring trousers.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a drapey rather louche take on CM, but I'm really digging adret at the moment, unfortunately their stuff is out of my budget, but I am considering commissioning a slightly roomier fit linen DB, inspired by their cardi-jacket. Really loving the new anthology RTW too, definitely need every colour knitted tee and a seersucker lazyman jacket, hell, they might even change my views on drawstring trousers.
These are the DBF pants I grabbed from NMWA. Flying to West Coast soon and will wear them on the flight I think.

Jtchapman

Reaction score
These are the DBF pants I grabbed from NMWA. Flying to West Coast soon and will wear them on the flight I think.

For some reason these feel like jogging bottoms in a way the anthology's don't. I think they need the slightly more sartorial details of a pleat and crease to stop them looking like pyjamas.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll wear them on my vacation next week and report back! “Dateline: Pleats or no Pleats? You be the Judge!”

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some reason these feel like jogging bottoms in a way the anthology's don't. I think they need the slightly more sartorial details of a pleat and crease to stop them looking like pyjamas.
Here's the wool Zegna easy pants. Flat front and unlined.

1627226473077.png

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to test how comfy they were so I wore Informale linen easy pants on the flight to and from Sicily (SFO-NYC-Milan-Palermo 20 hours with layovers). From now on it’s easy pants on every flight.
That was an ugly day of flying.

Octobab

Reaction score
Been thinking lately of taking most of my CM pants in to have the front pockets bags get sown smaller. More often than not their gargantuan, cavernous size (at least compared to more of a five pocket style) are just kind of uncomfortable. I can't actually rest my hands in them without slouching over and so need to settle for kind of 'hanging' my thumb on the opening, objects in them feel loose and haphazard, heck my phone will even turn 'landscape' in them while I walk, which looks about as dorky as it gets. Any reason why I shouldn't? There must be a reason an entire industry settled on these preposterous buckets and I'm worried I'm missing it

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been thinking lately of taking most of my CM pants in to have the front pockets bags get sown smaller. More often than not their gargantuan, cavernous size (at least compared to more of a five pocket style) are just kind of uncomfortable. I can't actually rest my hands in them without slouching over and so need to settle for kind of 'hanging' my thumb on the opening, objects in them feel loose and haphazard, heck my phone will even turn 'landscape' in them while I walk, which looks about as dorky as it gets. Any reason why I shouldn't? There must be a reason an entire industry settled on these preposterous buckets and I'm worried I'm missing it
I hate 5 pockets like I don’t want to put my hand in the front. Though on pocket size in cm trouser , never find them too big personally, I rarely use them I guess. I mainly use jacket and back pockets

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.