• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cotton will never drape as well as wool, not sure what brain fart I did over there

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get Jason's contact info? I have a writing assignment for him.
Jason is a flannel-clad flaneur who's a fan of flan.

I wonder if Jason is the same person that, in a post on Permanent Style about boat shoes, commented that if a person did not actually have a boat "then your life is not complete. I am looking out of the window at mine as I type this comment".

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could be. That sounds like flaneur talk. I wonder how Jason feels about over-the-calf socks?

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
Florida (of course) Representative Matt Gaetz is the style icon that American deserves.
Matt Gaetz, Sartorial Luminary.png

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
Maybe it's cotton?

I don't know, something about it, or a few things, just don't look right. I'm not good at diagnosing the fitz of jawnz, but it looks like he's not comfortable or at ease wearing that suit, or maybe his grandmother just wasn't militant enough about teaching good posture... or square dancing... whoops, gave a little glimpse into the deep wounds upon my psyche there! Maybe I'm just getting too thrown by the black shirt with bluey necktie and general 'junior mafia goon who is wondering if he should just go ahead with a full-on mullet' bearing.

Although his pocket square is quite tidy.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder if Jason is the same person that, in a post on Permanent Style about boat shoes, commented that if a person did not actually have a boat "then your life is not complete. I am looking out of the window at mine as I type this comment".

that can't be Jason, it would be a yacht

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know, something about it, or a few things, just don't look right. I'm not good at diagnosing the fitz of jawnz, but it looks like he's not comfortable or at ease wearing that suit, or maybe his grandmother just wasn't militant enough about teaching good posture... or square dancing... whoops, gave a little glimpse into the deep wounds upon my psyche there! Maybe I'm just getting too thrown by the black shirt with bluey necktie and general 'junior mafia goon who is wondering if he should just go ahead a go for a full-on mullet' bearing.

Although his pocket square is quite tidy.

They look like the host and manager at a bad restaurant

Matt Gaetz, Sartorial Luminary.png

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
While preparing for my quite delayed visit to Joseph Genuardi for a final fitting on a suit and jacket, I took time to scrutinize the blue fresco suit that he made for me last year as I intended to wear it being that it's my only warm-weather suit and I thought that he might like to see how his work had endured the abuse of being worn. It's in fine condition except, as I found to my horror and shame, for a sort of tear near the hook of the trouser fastening.

Genuardi Blue Fresco Trouser Damage.JPG

I'm actually a little sheepish about showing him that I must have mistreated his creation, but I also think that it might be appropriate to show it to him.

Is there something that can be done to ameliorate this? I don't think that I'm in a position to go to the extensive trouble of reweaving, especially as this is part of the suit that almost nobody will ever see. I just don't want to let it lie as 'minor damage' that eventually somehow undermines the trousers as a hole.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
While preparing for my quite delayed visit to Joseph Genuardi for a final fitting on a suit and jacket, I took time to scrutinize the blue fresco suit that he made for me last year as I intended to wear it being that it's my only warm-weather suit and I thought that he might like to see how his work had endured the abuse of being worn. It's in fine condition except, as I found to my horror and shame, for a sort of tear near the hook of the trouser fastening.

View attachment 1422054

I'm actually a little sheepish about showing him that I must have mistreated his creation, but I also think that it might be appropriate to show it to him.

Is there something that can be done to ameliorate this? I don't think that I'm in a position to go to the extensive trouble of reweaving, especially as this is part of the suit that almost nobody will ever see. I just don't want to let it lie as 'minor damage' that eventually somehow undermines the trousers as a hole.

I assume an alteration tailor can fix that for you. I wouldn't take it to a re-weaver for the reasons you mentioned.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweden does not (unfortunately in my view) require any kind of mask. I would like to buy a few so I have them handy in case that changes.

Any suggestions for fun options in Europe?

I really like what Rowing Blazers is doing, but the shipping kills it:

While this is a serious affair, there is no point in not making it as enjoyable as possible.

moddey

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if the answer is somewhere out there and I missed it, but what's going on with ed and pantaclothing.com? website doesn't load for me. always liked the guy and have some nice things from there...

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Apologies in advance if the answer is somewhere out there and I missed it, but what's going on with ed and pantaclothing.com? website doesn't load for me. always liked the guy and have some nice things from there...

I haven't seen him sell trousers or ties in a while (I may have missed them, however). In the last few years, I've only seen him sell fabric. I assume he's still around, but maybe not as involved with the Panta label.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads