• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MC General Chat

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rim Brake Frameset £4499.95
Disc Brake Frameset £5399.95

Rim brake for a 4500 GBP bicycle!

bike are seriously expensive these days...

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rim Brake Frameset £4499.95
Disc Brake Frameset £5399.95

Rim brake for a 4500 GBP bicycle!

bike are seriously expensive these days...
Yeah, good gear always is. You can still get decent bikes in the mid-range without going overboard. The middle hasn't hollowed out as badly as clothing I think.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
given COVID, I'm seriously thinking about getting a bike when we go back in Sept (though probably better one of those e-scooter)

jalebi

Reaction score
Thoughts on a bold-ish check like this? I like the colour, but think it may be difficult to find good combos and pull off...

In particular, the shoulders seem decently padded, and combined with the flap pockets makes it harder to pull off than a softer cut in a bold pattern. Really like the fabric though.

Thoughts?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you have a lot jacket already I would, it’s kind muted, not that crazy, regarding to shoulder it’s very much personal preference so make sure you buy what you want to buy not because it’s on sale...

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on a bold-ish check like this? I like the colour, but think it may be difficult to find good combos and pull off...

In particular, the shoulders seem decently padded, and combined with the flap pockets makes it harder to pull off than a softer cut in a bold pattern. Really like the fabric though.

Thoughts?

I find red overplaids a bit hard to wear. Maybe it’s just me.

jalebi

Reaction score
If you have a lot jacket already I would, it’s kind muted, not that crazy, regarding to shoulder it’s very much personal preference so make sure you buy what you want to buy not because it’s on sale...
I've got quite a few jackets, and while I like this one in terms of the fabric and look, I'm unsure how wearable it is. Lest it end up being something that I'll only appreciate in the closet.

I find red overplaids a bit hard to wear. Maybe it’s just me.
That was one of my concerns, red overchecks are quite loud. Wonder if it'd work with grey flannels for example.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
too heavy, and e scooter you can just collapse and carry it around. You actually have to “buy” biking parking space where I work and reside (annual fee)...
you live in apartment in house? I assume in DC if you live in apartment the apartment will charge you to park bike in bike room too (mine is like $200 a year?), no ideal about the one at work...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got quite a few jackets, and while I like this one in terms of the fabric and look, I'm unsure how wearable it is. Lest it end up being something that I'll only appreciate in the closet.

That was one of my concerns, red overchecks are quite loud. Wonder if it'd work with grey flannels for example.
don't think your usual grey flannel would work, maybe oatmeal (i.e. something much lighter like the one you showed)

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thoughts?

love jalebi!

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it would work with many pants but is a bit too loud for me. Then again I’m not a loud CM person, just in summer casual wear.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.