• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MC General Chat

aristoi bcn

Reaction score
Isn't the maker of Hermès and Drake's silk knitted (solid and spotted) ties the same one, Ascot?

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't the maker of Hermès and Drake's silk knitted (solid and spotted) ties the same one, Ascot?
No idea. They might be. I have a few of the Hermès knit ties from years ago with the knitted tonal H at the bottom. Will be wearing mine next visit to the NMWA showroom and bringing along my mail order bride.

aristoi bcn

Reaction score
No idea. They might be. I have a few of the Hermès knit ties from years ago with the knitted tonal H at the bottom. Will be wearing mine next visit to the NMWA showroom.
You wouldn't find the knitted tonal H at the bottom on the Drake's ones but otherwise they should be the same.

And I'm almost sure that the knitted cashmere ties Hermès introduced a couple of years ago are made by Sozzi.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure I like the return of these kind of ties. I wore them in college in the 80's but can't seem to get back into them.
I like them. But I don’t see them as your style.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About a year or so ago, I switched to wearing mostly knit ties. They work well for me, I enjoy wearing them, and I prefer them over most of my non-knit ties. Maybe David Coggins had some influence there, but whatever the case may be, my knit ties make me happier.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear knit ties exclusively with my sport coats and navy suits.
I must have made my point improperly. I love knit ties. I just don't like the flat-ended sock ties. I have plenty of knits and Grenadines. Wear them constantly.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.