• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MC General Chat

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite people, an old Italian dame who dyes her hair burnt orange, went on and on about how guys used to wear suits with t-shirts all the time and it was “the thing you did.”
Back in the late 80s and early 90s, it was quite a popular look - in addition to people copying the Miami Vice look in pale-coloured suits, I also remember seeing some men even wearing dinner suits with t-shirts in bars or clubs.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It also faded fairly quickly. Hollywood dudes pulling it off is one thing but it looks lazy and a bit dorky to me.

Bromley

Reaction score
Can anyone please help explain why the shoulder expression on my son, Tandal's Italian sport coats always has this trumpet shape? (No problem with his SR commissions). We've asked his tailors to fix the problem repeatedly, but it always comes out the same. Thanks in advance.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the best part is that he's holding what i can only assume is a cucinelli skateboard

Bromley

Reaction score
Does anyone here live in Atlanta? Feel free DM.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should one dress up when fleeing the country? I mean if the FBI is close on your heels shouldn't you pull out all the stops and go full double-breasted, monk straps, and hair product like a James Bond villain?

I'm sure all Styleforum dudes keep a shoe-box under the bed with multiple passports, $10k in Krugerrand's and a few 9 mils, right?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.