• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MC General Chat

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, Kamakura only has a broadcloth spread in blue and oxford semi-spread in white available right now on the U.S. webstore :rolleyes:

Not sure how I feel about the oxford cloth..

emptym

Reaction score
So, Kamakura only has a broadcloth spread in blue and oxford semi-spread in white available right now on the U.S. webstore :rolleyes:

Not sure how I feel about the oxford cloth..
How come? I only have one Kamakura shirt and it's a white OCBD. I like it. If you don't know if you'd like Oxford cloth with a semi-spread collar, I think it'd be fine.

Btw, I wasn't sure if I was defining graph and tattersall checks correctly, so I googled tattersall vs graph checks and the first thing that came up was this post by Bruce Boyer. Fortunately, he defines it as I was (tattersall has more than one color and can vary in size).

Also, he agrees w/ my preference for checks over stripes. Sorry, D.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn’t like the white Oxford cloth compared to the blue in my previous experience. The blue softened up with wear while the white oxford remained starch like. We’ll see, placed the order for the white semi-spread oxford and blue spread collar broadcloth.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It is actually a lie, I had a few Mercers which I liked but had to chop them up to make them fit me how I like. I ended up giving them away and the only button down collar shirt I own is bespoke and not oxford cloth, I know the heresy.

norMD

Reaction score
Does anyone know the SPF of rayon? And how would you remove beer and tortilla stains from rayon?

Sincerely mr summertime man @ Costa del sol
IMG_20190703_192951.jpg

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I scored a seersucker suit on eBay from Paul Stuart when they were made by Caruso. Was interested to see what the hubbub was all about before taking the bespoke plunge with a fabric I wasn’t familiar with. It’s outrageously light and comfortable. I tried the JCrew version but it seemed more stiff. Not sure if it was a different fabric (weight? canvassing?) but it did look nice on the hanger.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.