• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Maybe a suit worn to dinner is not a good idea.

jacnyr

Reaction score
Last weekend I took my girlfriend out to dinner and a movie. Later, when I took off my suit, I noticed a stain in the pants.
It's obvious that the seat was not wiped down, and I sat in somebody's goop.
The restaurant was Provino's, an somewhat nice Italian. As it was her birthday, I thought getting dressed for the occasion was warrantied.
As for others at the restaurant well, they were dressed in cargo shorts, and one was wearing netted basketball shorts.
I guess the next time, I wear my swim suit, instead. At least that way, I can jump into pool to rinse off!
Oh, well! I'm just venting.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You went to a movie with a suit on???
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

arc

Reaction score
I suggest having your manservant carry along a pillow on which you can sit in public places.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brah.......movies and suits do NOT compute!!!
Unless you are going to a world premier and you will be photographed on the red carpet BECAUSE you have a starring role.....

FordDig

Reaction score
Or maybe White Sulphur, WV, apparently:
When we picked them up after a showing of “Avatar” one evening, I scanned the crowd, and it occurred to me that the words of a Wall Street Journal reporter, written in the 1930s, amazingly, still hold true: “The percentage of people who attend movies in evening dress is greater at White Sulphur than any place in this or any other country.”
http://travel.nytimes.com/2010/08/15...r&st=cse&scp=1

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.