1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Maybach Zeppelin

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by hypersonic, Feb 14, 2009.

1. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

For those that don't like the interior, what would you prefer? An cold empty box with a Knoll sofa for a backseat?

2. hypersonic

hypersonic Senior member

For those that don't like the interior, what would you prefer? An cold empty box with a Knoll sofa for a backseat?

Considering the Maybach is intended to represent contemporary automotive technology and style at the highest level, its design should reflect the most Ã[​IMG]lite taste of contemporary culture. Instead, the Maybach is extremely bourgeois in taste.

Take the Bugatti Veyron as a comparison, it has an absolutely magnificent interior -- an exemplar of high design in its time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

Considering the Maybach is intended to represent contemporary automotive technology and style at the highest level, its design should reflect the most Ã[​IMG]lite taste of contemporary culture. Instead, the Maybach is extremely bourgeois in taste.

Take the Bugatti Veyron as a comparison, it has an absolutely magnificent interior -- an exemplar of high design in its time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I agree the Bugatti interior pieces are very nice, but according to many SFers even that interior hideous. The RR and Maybach are shit cars, but the Smart and typical BMWs are wonderful according to SF.

When the RR and Maybach are about 50 years old, then suddenly they will become cool on SF.

4. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

I agree the Bugatti interior pieces are very nice, but according to many SFers even that interior hideous. The RR and Maybach are shit cars, but the Smart and typical BMWs are wonderful according to SF.

When the RR and Maybach are about 50 years old, then suddenly they will become cool on SF.

I don't think RR and Maybach make bad cars, and I think the Smart ForTwo makes little to no sense for most Americans. I just think the Maybach interior is ugly. The wood trim, although undoubtedly of the best quality, seems randomly and artlessly applied. It looks like someone bought a wood trim kit for his Lebaron from an ad in the back of a car magazine. Sheepskin seat covers and monogrammed floormats would complete the look.

Mercedes interiors were fantastic up through the late 90's. Then they tried to make the S-Class softer, smaller, and more friendly. It was nothing but downhill from there.

Porsche does a nice interior, as does Audi.

5. mafoofan

Now, this is gorgeous. Spyker C8 interior:

[​IMG]

6. mafoofan

Bentley Brooklands, also very nice:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Bentley Brooklands, also very nice:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Brooklands is so sick, I love it

8. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

This sounds kind of awesome. Has anyone done it, at least as a concept?

9. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

It would have been a possible configuration on GM's skateboard chassis

[​IMG]

10. chrome_dout

chrome_dout Senior member

My money is on the King Tiger. Now that was a nice tank!

11. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

12. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Bentley Brooklands, also very nice: [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Where are the ashtrays? The old Cadillac Fleetwoods used to have four rear ashtrays.

13. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

LK, you would like the interior of this old Bentley Fastback I have pics of - trimmed in alligator.

14. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

LK, you would like the interior of this old Bentley Fastback I have pics of - trimmed in alligator.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

That is a sexy mother.

16. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

That is a sexy mother.
    I agree. Decadent.

17. mafoofan

That is a sexy mother.

+1000

18. iridium7777

iridium7777 Senior member

^^^ Does anyone else think Alcantara is way too overused? It looks awful in most applications. I can understand why you'd use it as a seating surface in a performance car, but otherwise it's as ugly as strips of carbon fiber or aluminum that are there simply to imply sportiness.

Anyway, even not considering the Alcantara, that cabin is hideous. It looks like the interior of an executive bus that was outfitted by Brookstone.

ain't nothing wrong with alcantara, and it's probably not a bad idea on the dash. years ago when i still had my audi they used to send me their own little magazine, saying how they specifically design plastics that have low to non-existent evaporative properties as that's the main cause for the fog on windows. the oils from the dash plastics evaporate and deposit on the glass, causing dirt and water vapour to precipitate.

i didn't see the "wooden" mouse and to be honest i can go without it myself. none of that pending, i think brabus have some of the nicest interiors, a little too much black, but i'm sure it can be ordered in any specification.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

I'm really surprised there is so much support for the quilted leather look. I'm not really a fan and I'm afraid it will look terribly dated very soon.

20. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

That is a sexy mother.

+1. Would hit.