• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maybach 57, 62

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a pimped-up M-B, sort of like Lexus to Toyota, except done badly. They also shot themselves in the foot by telling everyone that the M-B name is not worthy of the highest standards anymore.

--Andre

Miguel Antonio

Reaction score
LabelKing said:
No presence.

A car such as that should have a look that oozes intimidation and superiority. It should be disdainful.
I think the Rolls Phantom is the more intimidating, compared with the Maybach or the Bentley Arnage.

Don't you think it's intimidating?
800px-SC06_2006_Rolls-Royce_Phantom.jpg

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think the aim of a Rolls or a Bentley should be intimidation. The new Arnage isn't half bad looking though, if you're into a more aggressive-looking luxury sedan. I wouldn't, however, say it is intimidating.

JB

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
The problem with the new Bentleys is that they use a cheap chromed plastic grill.

For $300K, I want British artisans bending real wire for my grill.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
The problem with the new Bentleys is that they use a cheap chromed plastic grill.

For $300K, I want British artisans bending over for my drill.

Fixed.

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you say a phantom or lamborghini etc... is ugly, i think opinions can vary on the subject.

But i cant see anyone finding that Maybach impressive.

How could they not have seen how ugly and boring it is.

Miguel Antonio

Reaction score
Ugly and boring are desired in a car like these, they are intended for ugly and boring people like business executives and politicians, not exciting and pretty pop stars or movie stars.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonio
Ugly and boring are desired in a car like these, they are intended for ugly and boring people like business executives and politicians, not exciting and pretty pop stars or movie stars.

You have said this on two threads already and it doesn't make it any truer. Do you honestly think Mercedes designed the car just for the business market and thought to themselves; **** celebrities and the super rich, they can go buy the Phantom?

And are all politicians and business people ugly? This overt generalization does not match up with the reality of neither Maybach's client base (which has been celebrities more than business people), nor Maybach's deplorable sales figures.

Have you ever been in a Maybach? Do you know some one that owns one?

Jon.

Miguel Antonio

Reaction score
I think that the Maybach is made to be discreet, and most business executives prefer the privacy that this car can give. Although I have heard that Madonna owns one too, that doesn't mean all celebrities are gravitating towards this marque, as most prefer the Bentley Continental GTC or the RR Phantom. ¿What are your sources for your claim that Maybach has more celebrities than business people, isn't that information private, you could be violating the law for revealing private business information?

I have been investigating about Maybach and found that they were having a bad time with sales in the USA. Then I found your post, so I find it an interesting coincidence. It's impressive how Rolls Royce is selling more than they expected and Maybach is falling behind. I hope Maybach and RR both survive at the end, if Maybach dies it would be really sad.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would rather spend all that money on shoes, watches, and clothing and drive early 90s or late 80s 325 iC

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads