1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

May Shoe Damage

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TomW, Jun 7, 2006.

1. TomW

TomW Senior member

Just to keep the forum running hot [​IMG] My May '06 additions to the collection.

[​IMG]

Front row: Polo (C&J) Henley Saddle Oxford, Lobb Darby Blutcher, RLPL (EG) Camden Monkstrap, and C&J Westminster Oxford
    Back row: Tom James (C&J) Barton Oxford, Polo (C&J) Benton Oxford, Polo (C&J) Alton Blutcher, and Lobb Kipling Loafer.

Must resist further purchases and wait for the EG sale at the end of the month.

2. Ed355

Ed355 Senior member

Wow, very nice collection. I've never seen the Polo Benton in a clear picture before - I like the look and may get a pair. Thanks.

3. mussel

mussel Senior member

Very nice collection, I especially like the Darby and Camden.

4. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Great collection. I really like the Camden, it looks better in your picture than in Polo.com. I am kicking myself for not snatching them up during the MAY18 sale. I notice the toes darkened a little bit, were they like that when you bought them?

5. TomW

TomW Senior member

Great collection. I really like the Camden, it looks better in your picture than in Polo.com. I am kicking myself for not snatching them up during the MAY18 sale. I notice the toes darkened a little bit, were they like that when you bought them?

The toes and heel counters were a bit 'antiqued' when I got them - the effect continues to be refined over subsequent polishings.

6. jml90

jml90 Senior member

Where did you get those saddles?

7. TomW

TomW Senior member

Where did you get those saddles?

Ebay - Grapevinehill had a ton of them. Still a few left - 8.5, 9, 9.5 and 2x 10

8. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I like the Lobb loafer. You bought all these in one month? And I thought I was addicted to shoes.

9. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

The Lobb Darby is sex on a foot.

EDIT: I'm just waiting for everyone to take that literally now...

10. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

I have those Tom James Bartons in black. They're great shoes. Another ebay score?

It looks like a very good month!

11. TomW

TomW Senior member

I have those Tom James Bartons in black. They're great shoes. Another ebay score?

It looks like a very good month!

The Bartons have made the rounds of SF and AAAC... I believe I'm the 3rd to possess them. Seems they didn't quite fit the others.

The Lobb Darby is sex on a foot.

EDIT: I'm just waiting for everyone to take that literally now...

LOL.. they were the first pair I was prepared to spend excessively on.... fortunately I was the only bidder.

I like the Lobb loafer. You bought all these in one month? And I thought I was addicted to shoes.

Hi, my name is Tom and I'm a shoe addict. I find it impossible to resist a bit of broguing or a sleek last. I someday aspire to the heights of the exhalted aportnoy.

12. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

A beautiful assortment of fine footwear Tom! You are clearly on the righteous path to enlightenment. I will be sharing my newest additions upon the delivery of a few items meandering their way from Europe touch down in NYC.

Congrats! [​IMG]

13. Charley

Charley Senior member

May was a GOOD month

14. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Quite nice collection, love the Kiplings. Good choice.