May need to turn in my SW&D badge!!!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DGP, May 1, 2007.

1. DGP

DGP Senior member

I went to Bloomingdales this evening to look at dress shirts. On my way out, I walked through denim, and I couldn't believe what I was doing: looking at a pair of 7s, and thinking they looked pretty damn good [​IMG]. So I did the unthinkable, and tried them on. And you know what? They looked awesome on me. It was this pair: http://www.barneyscoop.com/b/c/brows...egoryId=293324

I didn't pull the trigger because I want to see if an affiliated site sells them, but I couldn't help myself. I realize they've lost any cache they once had because everyone wears them (especially in LA, as I'm sure people have seen), but, as I said, everyone has them, so it's not like I'll stand out as badly dressed, lol.

Should the mods feel the need to ban me, or maybe just have someone bend me over and paddle me, I will accept this fate. For now, I am just a weakling, unable to overpower the force attracting me to the jeans everyone has. . .

2. VMan

VMan Senior member

Those aren't that bad. I don't like the back pocket stitching or tag, though.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

They're fine. I still have a few pairs of 7FAM jeans. I've posted them in fits in WAYWN and gotten PMs asking what kind of jeans they were... haha

4. gqreader239

gqreader239 Senior member

http://leatherjacketsandjeans.blogspot.com/
    i like them. but i like any jeans that are raw and arent boot cut regardless of brand. if they look good on ya, they look good on ya.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

You can get the from Denim Bar, I'm sure. ( www.denimbaronline.com ) Not sure if they are online at this time, but in store, they move mad units of Seven, because most people in the Real World (tm) are not crazy the way we can get here. No, most people prefer Sevens to Kicking Mules, and for pretty good reasons (reason number 1 - they are comfortable from the first time you put them on). Personally, I wouldn't buys Sevens at retail, mainly because they are usually readily available at deep discount when sale time comes, and would not discuss them on this forum because discussions of old standbyes are sort of boring.

6. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

They look good. Probably not absurd-infinite quality and all that, but they are cut well and have little or no stupid detailing. Plus you can get AmJack cred with that kind of girls, if you like that kind of thing. It may be almost the best of both worlds.

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

In homage to DGP...

I present:

Exhibit 1:

[​IMG]

Express 1MX blue/black striped button down, untucked
    Theory charcoal cotton jacket
    7FAM Stretch Bootcut
    Prada boots

8. DGP

DGP Senior member

Badege re-affixed to stripey shirt from Express. . .

JK [​IMG]

9. kronik

kronik Senior member

10. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think you've actually got more cred now.[​IMG]

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

AmJack.
    Just for you... [​IMG] That outfit was hot shit in the Vegas club scene circa 2003 heh...

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

If they were from Nudie people here would love em. The fit looks really nice. Nothing wrong with that.

13. kronik

kronik Senior member

My post was simply to screw with drizz, for reference. [​IMG]

14. DGP

DGP Senior member

If they were from Nudie people here would love em. The fit looks really nice. Nothing wrong with that.

Yea, I think that's why people in general like their jeans. They seem to be what, say, Abercrombie jeans were in the mid to late 90s: cool brand for the masses that have fits that work well on pretty much anyone. And girls like them. A lot. I just wish they had some more lightly-distressed, but not super detailed pairs.

15. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

If they fit better than the LAWL KAWAII JAPANEEZU brands then go for it. Don't believe the hype all the time.