• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maxx&Unicorn x Styleforum x Dresscodes wallets and cardholders now available

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd like to present a very special collaboration between Styleforum, Dresscodes in Decatur, and Maxx&Unicorn Co. Maxx&Unicorn has produced a very limited run of billfolds and cardholders in a special kid leather, with a special gold stamp designed for Styleforum by our own Brian SD.

These are now available for pre-orders, from Dresscodes ( www.dresscodesatl.com ) and from Styleforum directly.

If you wish to preorder from Styleforum or Dresscodes, you have until Sunday, November 25, to do so. All preorders come with free shipping within the USA. Orders received after Sunday will be charged actual shipping (which is around $7.50 USPS insured with delivery confirmation.)

Billfolds are $90, and cardholders are $50. Each is available in cherry red or navy. Only 15 billfolds and 5 cardholders in each color were produced, for a total of just 40 pieces.

To order from Styleforum, paypal [email protected]. Please put "Maxx&Unicorn" followed by the model (either billfold or cardholder) and then color (either navy or cherry red) in the subject line. Of course, also provide the proper payment
smile.gif
Orders will be taken on a first come first served basis.

Those who want to pre-order or purchase through DressCodes can PM "Mrs. Savage" or call the store at
404-343-2894.

Navy cardholder:Sold out
Cherry red cardholder:Sold out

Navy billfold: 3
Cherry red billfold: 2

The pictures of the pieces available:

Please keep in mind that the navy kid leather appears darker in the photo than it actually is.

RED BI-FOLD
bi-red_fnt.jpg
bi-red_open.jpg

NAVY BI-FOLD
bi-navy_fnt.jpg
bi-navy_opn.jpg

RED CARD HOLDER
ch-red_fnt.jpg
ch-red_bck.jpg

NAVY CARD HOLDER
ch-navy_frnt.jpg
ch-navy_bck.jpg

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... hotness... must resist...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^Well, if you really want one, don't resist too long. Three cardholders and one billfold have already been taken from the Styleforum inventory, and I believe Dresscodes has started to get inquiries as well.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I really have to hand it to Fok, the affiliates (Dresscodes), and the people behind the Forvm for another quality collaboration. Stuff like this can't be easy nor quick and it clearly isn't being done for the $$$. My hat's off and I think we're being spoiled.

For the record, this is head and shoulders above my idea for StyleForvm embossed bottle openers and secret encoder rings.

Mrs. Savage

Reaction score
Those who want to pre-order or purchase through DressCodes can PM me or call the store
404-343-2894.

raley

Reaction score
Could we possibly have a little more info? How big are these - how many cards will the cardholder hold? Does Dresscodes have more cardholders in navy? Will they still have the "For Styleforum" text if ordered from Dresscodes? Thanks.

Also, what is up with such a limited run? Is there a reason that not all the demand is going to be filled? Will more be produced in the future?

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I really have to hand it to Fok, the affiliates (Dresscodes), and the people behind the Forvm for another quality collaboration. Stuff like this can't be easy nor quick and it clearly isn't being done for the $$$. My hat's off and I think we're being spoiled.

For the record, this is head and shoulders above my idea for StyleForvm embossed bottle openers and secret encoder rings.

word up. I'm holding out for a StyleForumXE.Glennie collab.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raley
Could we possibly have a little more info? How big are these - how many cards will the cardholder hold? Does Dresscodes have more cardholders in navy? Will they still have the "For Styleforum" text if ordered from Dresscodes? Thanks.

The cardholders are pretty much exactly the size of a credit card. They are unbelievably lightweight, but can hold up to about 5 credit cards without deforming the leather. By this point, I have cards in mine, plus have jammed in a few folded up bills, and it as stretched to accomodate. The billfolds are 3.75” in length (closed) and 3” high.

The cardholders and billfolds are all as in the pics, regardless of whether you obtain them from Dresscodes or Styleforum. I believe that there Dresscodes has literally a couple of cardholders.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, what is up with such a limited run? Is there a reason that not all the demand is going to be filled? Will more be produced in the future?

We are having these specially made for Styleforum for the Holidays, thus my nod to the festive season with the cherry red and gold and the... horse. There are no plans to make this particular model again, though we may see other special pieces from Maxx&Unicorn.

There were a total of 40 pieces made. You have to remember that these are all made by hand by a single artisan.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
word up. I'm holding out for a StyleForumXE.Glennie collab.

We are working on a special low 0.75" collar and a high 2.25" collar which can be combined to form a super cool 3" semi spread collar. Stay tuned.

Mrs. Savage

Reaction score

DressCodes is receiving 25 pieces total.
10 Navy bi-fold wallets
11 Cherry Red bi-fold wallets
and 2 of each color card holder.
All of these pieces have the "for styleforum" stamp.

To place an order pm me or call the store.
404-343-2894

As Fok mentioned, pre-orders from Styleforum or Dresscodes will be taken until Sunday, November 25. All pre-orders come with free shipping within the USA. Orders received after Sunday will be charged actual shipping (which is around $7.50 USPS insured with delivery confirmation.)

http://dresscodesatl.com/

Mrs. Savage

Reaction score
Styleforum Inventory at DressCodes (updated regularly)
------------------------------------------
Navy Bi-fold Wallet: 9
Cherry Red Bi-fold Wallet: 8

Navy Cardholders: SOLD OUT
Cherry Red Cardholder: SOLD OUT
------------------------------------------

Call the store or pm me.
404-343-2894
-Karen

Mrs. Savage

Reaction score
DressCodes has received its stock today! The pieces look amazing. The kid leather has a subtle sheen to it and it feels incredible. I am going to post some new pictures later today so you can see the color better. Both colors are a bit brighter and richer than in the pictures posted previously. Hopefully I will be able to capture that for ya'll.

savage

Reaction score
Here's some new images that show a truer color to what wallets/ card holders actually are.
wallets_closed.jpg
wallets_open.jpg
edit: The red in the open wallet image looks a bit magenta.. but the navy is true

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics