• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Max Muscle Minimum time?

theMindvoid

Reaction score
I havent been exercising as well as much as i should have and im trying to get as fit as humanly possible in the next 6 weeks. would be nice to get down to 8% body fat while putting on lean muscle. Im around 11% at the moment.
Any advice for nutrition or exercise that could help me out? I need more help with the former, i just could never get my diet in order.

So far im doing interval training 3x a week, weights 2 days upper/lower.

Thanks in advanced

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he could do it in 6 weeks but it depends on other factors such as metabolism, age and willpower.

Basically, you need to look up the cutting/competition diet. It's what bodybuilders do before a big competition. You just need to adjust that for your own body weight, etc... obviously your requirements are not the same. So, restrict calories, carbs, fat and eat more straight protein... chicken and tuna with nothing on the side (or with broccoli), no carbs after 8pm, carbs immediately before and after only. Lots of salads with your protein too.

As for working out, you're going to need to step it up. You're cutting, not building, so weight train to maintain and not to get bigger. You need to step up your cardio, big time! I would train 6x a week if you're really dedicated.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno. 3% in 6 weeks is probably possible. Although the OP will find good results with backing off sodium and if he is looking to peak for a day or so, severely kill water consumption.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
I dunno. 3% in 6 weeks is probably possible. Although the OP will find good results with backing off sodium and if he is looking to peak for a day or so, severely kill water consumption.

Probably closer to 12 weeks... but if he really cuts and rips, he'll look like he did.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You will need intense training plus strict diet in order for this to happen. Minimum calories, carbs, etc, etc. Be prepared to drop some serious money on food. Steam chick breast and steamed vegetables. Decrease sodium intake. I competed in amateur body building contest before, and this is going to be miserable and hard to follow.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
You will need intense training plus strict diet in order for this to happen. Minimum calories, carbs, etc, etc. Be prepared to drop some serious money on food. Steam chick breast and steamed vegetables. Decrease sodium intake. I competed in amateur body building contest before, and this is going to be miserable and hard to follow.

+1... it will suck but the end result is worth it. I do it as my pre-beach prep usually 8 weeks out.

Don't worry about snacking because you're not going to buy any at all, it's the only way.

Dac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo

good advice.

just like to add, dropping that much bodyfat is very unhealthy and can be dangerous. i suggest you keep to around 10% otherwise it may cause you some problems
smile.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cytomel and clen.

Jthaeler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dac
good advice.

just like to add, dropping that much bodyfat is very unhealthy and can be dangerous. i suggest you keep to around 10% otherwise it may cause you some problems
smile.gif

I'm at 6% usually year round, but I'm also a MMA fighter. If you have no reason to drop below 10%, I wouldn't, as your body doesn't naturally want to stick around there.

For diet, you will need to eat leaner sources or protein. Think white meats only - fish, and birds. I would eat 1 gram of protein for every pound of body weight that you desire: so 170 grams a day if you want to weigh 170 pounds. Just be sure to drink LOTS of water otherwise you could create an excess of urea and go into toxic shock (very rare, but possible).

Losing weight and gaining lean mass is IMPOSSIBLE unless you are on some anabolic supplement. Your body is just not going to be efficient enough at doing both unless you have ridiculous genetics. Stick with either gaining mass or losing fat, but not both. I think the 6 weeks is going to be tight if you are trying to do both. You should be able to drop 3% body fat but don't expect to gain any weight.

Dac

Reaction score
got any pics Jthaeler? 6% is a big claim
boxing[1].gif

Mr. Caber

Reaction score
HGH and winstrol.
It's true, you can't bgulk up and slim down at the same time. Pick one. Check out some crossfit/circuit training type stuff for a good all-around kick ass work out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads