• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Max Muscle Minimum time?

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Caber
HGH and winstrol.
It's true, you can't bgulk up and slim down at the same time. Pick one. Check out some crossfit/circuit training type stuff for a good all-around kick ass work out.

Do you mean - you can't post a net weight gain and be losing body fat?

Because I hear many claims of people posting a net weight loss with a gain in muscle mass.

Dac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
Do you mean - you can't post a net weight gain and be losing body fat?

Because I hear many claims of people posting a net weight loss with a gain in muscle mass.

i think he means its difficult to increase muscle mass and reduce fat mass. which is true for very well developed physiques, but for your average enthusiast its more than do-able especially when one has lots of bodyfat:muscle ratio to start with.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dac
i think he means its difficult to increase muscle mass and reduce fat mass. which is true for very well developed physiques, but for your average enthusiast its more than do-able especially when one has lots of bodyfat:muscle ratio to start with.
Exactly. What people don't understand is when you increase muscle mass, you are going to increase some fat mass as well depending on your diet. Since fat is your basic energy storage. Even for body builders, the only time they do severely decrease carbs and calorie intake is pre contest, and that usually takes 8 to 12 weeks. Set realistic goals when working out. It takes time for your body to achieve your desired physique.

Mr. Caber

Reaction score

Yeah, that's def. possible. If you lose ten pounds but gain 2-3 lbs of muscle you've improved your bf% and will look better, but that's a long-term prospect and NOT one to shoot for in six weeks. The best way to get stronger, like prepping for a powerlifting/strongman/highland games competition (not everyone's goal obviously) is to gain strength and size together. If you're trying to look good for the beach, you're better off with circuit training/cardio/light bodybuilding stuff.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dac
got any pics Jthaeler? 6% is a big claim
boxing[1].gif

I'm in the 8% range all year round, more of less, because I row. I haven't been above 10% since high school.
Originally Posted by Mr. Caber
HGH and winstrol. It's true, you can't bgulk up and slim down at the same time. Pick one. Check out some crossfit/circuit training type stuff for a good all-around kick ass work out.
I wouldn't take that stuff, but if you REALLY need to lose body fat and increase lean muscle mass, then it's an option that would certainly do the trick. The problem is that you only need that short-term help and you might not want to get off the juice.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tried barbell complexes today and they humbled me. Could be good for OP's purpose.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Started first round with 65, ended last round with 85. Just barely got out alive. My conditioning has a ways to go...

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tried barbell complexes today and they humbled me. Could be good for OP's purpose.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Started first round with 65, ended last round with 85. Just barely got out alive. My conditioning has a ways to go...

Oh dear god, **** that!

Mr. Caber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
I wouldn't take that stuff, but if you REALLY need to lose body fat and increase lean muscle mass, then it's an option that would certainly do the trick. The problem is that you only need that short-term help and you might not want to get off the juice.
Apologies. Pretty sure all of the above responses were tongue-in-cheek, mine certainly was. Steroids are bad, mkay? Never taken them, never will. Ok, carry on.

turbozed

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like you're interested in max muscle in minimum time at all. Seems like you're more interested in losing fat instead of gaining muscle since you're worried about BF % only. Kinda misleading.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
I'm in the 8% range all year round, more of less, because I row. I haven't been above 10% since high school.

Just curious cause there aren't many other rowers around, but do you have a 2k PR time or anything? An 8% BF all year round is a tough one to maintain unless predisposed by genetics.

... In a recent thread you posted a 2:04 6k, what was the spm or threshold %? Not challenging you in the least, just curious of how you train as I no longer have rowers to compare to.

ShyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
An 8% BF all year round is a tough one to maintain unless predisposed by genetics.

its actually quite easy if you know what you are doing

theMindvoid

Reaction score
That bear thing looks complicated. id probably practice with real light weight first tho, seems like itll be easy to screw up technique and *&%^ up your back.

maybe the title was a little confusing, im concerned with both muscle gain and fat loss, but i understand it takes time to get there properly, in the meanwhile though, i want best combo of fat loss / weight training that will give me the best overall physique in 6 weeks.

i did 4 1 mile intervals today. and ill definitely be following some of the advice on here. no hgh for tho.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theMindvoid
That bear thing looks complicated. id probably practice with real light weight first tho, seems like itll be easy to screw up technique and *&%^ up your back.

maybe the title was a little confusing, im concerned with both muscle gain and fat loss, but i understand it takes time to get there properly, in the meanwhile though, i want best combo of fat loss / weight training that will give me the best overall physique in 6 weeks.

i did 4 1 mile intervals today. and ill definitely be following some of the advice on here. no hgh for tho.

yeah the bear workout isn't something you should do unless your clean, back squat, and front squat technique is spot on. Otherwise you're just asking for trouble. You do indeed have to start with real light weight - like I said, a measly 85 lbs (on the final round too!) destroyed me. It's an amazing workout though for hitting nearly every muscle in your body, as well as your conditioning.

bobdobalina

Reaction score
Started first round with 65, ended last round with 85. Just barely got out alive. My conditioning has a ways to go...

I'm not sure that I could do that with only the bar-- even if the muscles were willing I'm not sure the pipes would be. Is the woman doing it with 225 at the end? egads.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads