• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mavi jeans

Michael

Reaction score
I went up to our Nordstrom's a week ago to buy some Diesel jeans, and they didn't have any styles I wanted. The guy pointed out to me some jeans made by Mavi, a Turkish company I had never heard of. As opposed to Diesel's $115 price tag on most jeans, these were only $52. I tried them on, and was very impressed with the way they felt, like a pair I had had for years and years, only without the tightness. Does anyone else have any Mavi jeans? I thought they were an interesting brand, and was wondering what sort of following they had. Their webpage is at www.mavi.com

BuddahLax

Reaction score
No I haven't seen those. But I'm shooting up to nordstroms at lunch, I'll check them out and let you know what I think.

Abe2

Reaction score
Mavi jeans are very popular in New York City and I think they look terrific on girls - don't know about guys. My girlfriend wears Mavi jeans exclusively.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Moved post to Clothing Forum.

Michael

Reaction score
Sorry about that. Didn't see this section.

Dragonfly

Reaction score
I agree.. Mavi does have cool jeans for guys as well... w/ different style and colors...
The price isn't that bad compared to Diesel... and it's comfortable... They actually have their own store in NYC.. not sure about in other city though....

Michael

Reaction score
Wow, a Mavi store. That'd be neat. Our Nordstrom's at Mall of Georgia has... four pair I believe, maybe just three. It's a very disappointing store. Lawyer, don't you live in ATL? Could you recommend some stores in which a college student could shop? By the way, all of you NYCers, someone have a room for me if I decide on coming up this summer? I won't eat your toes or anything, I swear. Disclaimer: I was kidding about that last part. Not that I won't eat your toes, because I wouldn't. About someone putting me up. Even I think that's weird and I'm from hospitable Georgia.

BaaBaa

Reaction score
The mavi store in soho is nice. While you're there, try J.J. Turks, they are by the same designer. Rumor has it he had a falling out with Mavi.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Michael,
Im also gonna be living in New York City this summer, but i have a roomate. Your best option is to get housing through NYU. We have great dorms all located downtown, mostly in the Village and Union Square. If you take a class housing is as low as $110-$150 per week, without a class its around $200-$250 per week. This is probably your best bet, unless you find someone to put you up for free. Good luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads