• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Matuozzo in U.S.A and London

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a brief announcement.

Anna Matuozzo shirts will now be available in the U.S via Mr. David Mason of Nutters, Savile Row. During his trips to the U.S, Mr. Mason will be taking measurements and fittings for suits, and will now be offering Anna Matuozzo shirts.

His upcoming trip is 19-20 May in New York.
For more information you can contact him at:
Nutters
12 Savile Row
London, W1S3PQ
tel: +44 (0)20 7437 6850

by email: davidjmason AT mac.com (replace the AT with @ and get rid of the spaces)

He also now has the shirting samples, along with example shirts, collar, cuffs etc. at the above address.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting. Does he have experience in measuring and fitting for shirts? I would imagine a large part of the reason Matuozzo is much more than other Neapolitan shirtmakers would be the savoir-faire she ought to bring in taking the measure (literally and figuratively) of a customer.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Interesting. Does he have experience in measuring and fitting for shirts? I would imagine a large part of the reason Matuozzo is much more than other Neapolitan shirtmakers would be the savoir-faire she ought to bring in taking the measure (literally and figuratively) of a customer.

I believe he first trained as a shirtmaker before he joined Nutters. He has had already a few customers with delivered shirts from Matuozzo.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is Nutters working out of Scabal like Savile Row Master Tailor Darren Beaman? 12 Savile Row is their address, although I believe there are tailors who have the basement location.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Nutters working out of Scabal like Savile Row Master Tailor Darren Beaman? 12 Savile Row is their address, although I believe there are tailors who have the basement location.

Yep. You are thinking of Chittlebrough (sp?) and Morgan.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Appointment made, thanks for the info T4!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

I met this guy on my last trip. He shares the basement with Joe Morgan. Tony and Dean also keep their samples there for London showings.

I assume the price of these shirts is going to be at least 300 pounds.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I assume the price of these shirts is going to be at least 300 pounds.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley

Probably more.

If they are E 380 now, that's already close to $600. Then you have to add in the London guy's cut, and also the travel expenses.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Probably a 4-5 shirt minimum order too, right?

Too pricey for me.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Probably a 4-5 shirt minimum order too, right?

I don't think she has one in Naples, but for this trip, who knows?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Probably more.

If they are E 380 now, that's already close to $600. Then you have to add in the London guy's cut, and also the travel expenses.

I'd prefer Lanvin bespoke, but I am a Francophile.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I'd prefer Lanvin bespoke, but I am a Francophile.

Isn't that much more than E 380? I thought your beloved Noiret was already about E 400, and Lanvin was more.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Isn't that much more than E 380? I thought your beloved Noiret was already about E 400, and Lanvin was more.

Lanvin starts at more but doesn't appear to vary prices much depending on cloth, while Chat-bite can go up to 700 euros (higher for silk, I've heard).

Regardless, if Matuozzo bespoke in NYC/London is going to feature additions based on the tailor's cut, etc., I was just trying to take a page from the book you and matt are writing and be snarky.

I do think there is advantage to be gained in being measured and fit by the person who cuts your shirt/suit, but that's a problem with much of remote bespoke.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Regardless, if Matuozzo bespoke in NYC/London is going to feature additions based on the tailor's cut, etc., I was just trying to take a page from the book you and matt are writing and be snarky.
I am only snarky to the snarky.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads