• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Matthew Farnes

Lord Nonsie

Reaction score
I agree with GBR. I can understand how there could be a disagreement, but it seems that he could have remembered the details. While I do not know Matthew or his work, I do hope he comes out ok. I think there is enough business and good tailors will continue to work.

Renfield

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
Yes!

How you distinguish "stealing a client list" from retaining detail in your memory eludes me....

Originally Posted by Lord Nonsie
I agree with GBR. I can understand how there could be a disagreement, but it seems that he could have remembered the details. While I do not know Matthew or his work, I do hope he comes out ok. I think there is enough business and good tailors will continue to work.

Gentlemen, I fear you may need to re-read the original article again, which I have linked for your convenience.

'Allegedly' he has e-mailed himself confidential client information, amongst other alleged misdemeanours.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-leg-job.html

WSRH

Reaction score
Happy to share with everyone that I recently had my third fitting with Mr Farnes in New York during his client visit and it went really well. Everything has really taken a nice shape, and now I'm just waiting for the finished product!

andreyb2

Reaction score
Weird...

So, the rumors of Mr Farnes becoming an alterations tailor at Huntsman are greatly exagerrated?

Andrey

kraftar

Reaction score
So is he still working as a tailor? I really enjoyed his website/blog/videos and was considering having a suit made w/ him.

WSRH

Reaction score
Dear all,
My situation has changed. I am supposed to meet with Matthew in New York this month to receive some completed suits, and for a fitting on an overcoat. However, he has fallen off the radar and isn't returning calls or emails. Andrey, or anyone else who may be able to help, please let me know if you have any information that can help me get in touch with him and find out what's going on. Thank you all in advance for your support!

A

andreyb2

Reaction score

Andrey, or anyone else who may be able to help, please let me know if you have any information that can help me get in touch with him and find out what's going on.

Sorry, I have no idea on his whereabouts... :(

Will ask my tailor -- maybe he knows something.

Andrey

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have never come across a better time to use this.
lurker[1].gif

WSRH

Reaction score
Thank you, Andrey! I appreciate any help you can provide.

WSRH

Reaction score

Quote:

i hope everything works out with your suits!
Thanks Dave. If you can imagine I've already paid a deposit of 50% for this order, so it would be a huge loss of money if I can't find him. It would also be a huge loss for Matthew... These kinds of experiences do wonders for the bespoke trade's reputation...

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He is at Huntsman but I think not as an Alterations Tailor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads