• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Matthew Farnes

GBR

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
8,547
Reaction score
717
Has something untoward become of Mr Farnes? His Blog has disappeared (two days now) and is replaced by an ISP page and he also failed to post material promised for last week.

Have his legal woes with Ede and Ravenscroft overtaken him finally?
 

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
1,051
Reaction score
199
I am curious to see how his cloths fit on a real person (except himself).
 

Eustace Tilley

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2007
Messages
6,452
Reaction score
312
Originally Posted by GBR
Has something untoward become of Mr Farnes? His Blog has disappeared (two days now) and is replaced by an ISP page and he also failed to post material promised for last week.

Have his legal woes with Ede and Ravenscroft overtaken him finally?


Try hitting his email: info at thesavilerowartisan.com
 

GBR

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
8,547
Reaction score
717
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Try hitting his email: info at thesavilerowartisan.com

Returned as "undeliverable" and such that Microsoft outlook will not try retransmitting. That is pretty final as things go.
 

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Oct 16, 2006
Messages
35,728
Reaction score
10,644
I really don't understand what the issue was Ede and him. There are tons of Savile Row tailors using the term Savile Row to market themselves. Unless they have some sort of agreement in the employment contract saying anything they learn from the house stays with the house and blah blah why can't he be a lone tailor?
 

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
5,059
Reaction score
131
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I really don't understand what the issue was Ede and him. There are tons of Savile Row tailors using the term Savile Row to market themselves. Unless they have some sort of agreement in the employment contract saying anything they learn from the house stays with the house and blah blah why can't he be a lone tailor?
Their disagreement has nothing to do with the term 'Savile Row' or being a 'lone tailor'. He is alleged to have taken their client list with him when he left; the client list is the property of Ede, and contains information that is private to Ede's customers. Taking it, if that is what he did, is not only a breach of trust between him and Ede, but also a violation of data-protection laws.
 

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Oct 16, 2006
Messages
35,728
Reaction score
10,644
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Their disagreement has nothing to do with the term 'Savile Row' or being a 'lone tailor'. He is alleged to have taken their client list with him when he left; the client list is the property of Ede, and contains information that is private to Ede's customers. Taking it, if that is what he did, is not only a breach of trust between him and Ede, but also a violation of data-protection laws.

Ah, I see.
 

GBR

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
8,547
Reaction score
717
Interestingly the Members List makes clear he has visited this Board today. Rather suggests tha he is no longer in business for some reason as he has not sought to explain his absence to possible clients.
 

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
653
Why does his lack of a website indicate anything more than hosting issues?
 

kraftar

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
244
Reaction score
1
I hope everything is ok... i really enjoyed his blog.
 

GBR

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
8,547
Reaction score
717
Originally Posted by TRINI
Why does his lack of a website indicate anything more than hosting issues?

It did not at first then one finds he has visited here and not commented directly..... It 'feels' wrong somehow.
 

GBR

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
8,547
Reaction score
717
He has been here again yesterday so I find it unlikely he is unaware that his absence is noted. I rather suspect that he is no longer trading for reasons which have not yet emerged. A shame to lose another tailor.
 

Renfield

Active Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2010
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by GBR
He has been here again yesterday so I find it unlikely he is unaware that his absence is noted. I rather suspect that he is no longer trading for reasons which have not yet emerged. A shame to lose another tailor.

Is this the tailor, who 'allegedly' stole the client list from his then employer?
 

GBR

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
8,547
Reaction score
717
Originally Posted by Renfield
Is this the tailor, who 'allegedly' stole the client list from his then employer?

Yes!

How you distinguish "stealing a client list" from retaining detail in your memory eludes me....
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,127
Messages
9,192,612
Members
193,082
Latest member
amandobble

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top