1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Matt beats his ass for two and a half weeks

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Matt, Jan 24, 2010.

1. DNW

DNW Senior member

This shit is hard, m@t. I thought I had it under control: long day at work today; my gf made beef enchilada; I'm on my third rye (but I at least stayed away from the beer). [​IMG] Tomorrow is fucking salad day, regardless of what magical foods are available in the restaurant downstairs.

2. Matt

Matt Senior member

tell me about it.

I think I am generally tracking OK. Lunch today was mi hoanh thanh - one of the nine zillion ways Vietnamese have found to make noodle soup. Breakfast was Cornflakes.

Last night I failed three times, but all small fails - certainly nothing terminal (non fat yogurt, few mouthfuls of beer and a couple chicken nuggets) - not ideal, but still, not like I demolished a cheesy crust pizza and washed it down with ale. It's been done. As recently as Saturday night actually. With fucking Cambodian Happy Pizza that plunged me into a state of munchies which has brought on this current health kick. Dude, it was awful. Shameful.

But I digress...look forward Mattie, not back. Tonight actually has gotten a bit easier...the event that I have to host is overbooked, so we agency folk lose our table and will be standing room only with the client. As agency boss, I can muscle in on a table pretty easily, but I think tonight is a good night for humility. No oily ass Chinese food for me.

Cocktail reception, I think I'll drink Diet Coke in a short glass and pass it off as whiskey. I know I said 'no soda' but given the circumstances and my role in them, it is probably the best I can do. Standing there with a bottle of water will be very unsociable.

I am sore as hell from the exercise at the moment, strugglin'...but it's OK, that is just nature's way of reminding me of how badly I needed to go.

3. DNW

DNW Senior member

Dude, I'm gonna tell you my secret when I was wrestling and had to cut weight: do not leave the house. There are so many temptations out there; pizza, calzone, pho, donuts, etc. The list never ends. I basically just stayed home and ate flavored ice cube. It was school, then practice, then home.

I was a fucking stud with 4.5% body fat and could bench 2x my weight.

Look at me now. [​IMG]

I am drank, the 4th rye is doing me in. Good night, and good luck.

4. Matt

Matt Senior member

5. matt22616

matt22616 Senior member

That chart is bullshit. All 80 proof alcohol has the same calorie content. The only reason whiskey and vodka taste differently is because they are produced differently (i.e., whiskey's flavor comes from the casks), not because whiskey has sugar in it. Additionally, your body doesn't turn alcohol into fat. Calorie ratings are the worst way to determine what to put in your body.

Men don't use mixers. Jesus.

EDIT: Although it initially tastes like balls, Amstel light only has 5 carbs. Don't even bother with those beers with 2-3 carbs, they're undrinkable.

6. Matt

Matt Senior member

pursuit of woman always trumps no alcohol week.

diet fail
    woman success

7. Matt

Matt Senior member

That chart is bullshit. All 80 proof alcohol has the same calorie content. The only reason whiskey and vodka taste differently is because they are produced differently (i.e., whiskey's flavor comes from the casks), not because whiskey has sugar in it. Additionally, your body doesn't turn alcohol into fat. Calorie ratings are the worst way to determine what to put in your body.

Men don't use mixers. Jesus.

EDIT: Although it initially tastes like balls, Amstel light only has 5 carbs. Don't even bother with those beers with 2-3 carbs, they're undrinkable.

soooo....just to make sure I have got this right...

1. counting calories in alcohol is bullshit, but you recommend a low cal beer.
    2. throwing a splash of coke in with your rum makes you a pussy....but real men drink light beer.

8. DNW

DNW Senior member

sigged

FML. [​IMG]

pursuit of woman always trumps no alcohol week.

diet fail
    woman success

[​IMG]

9. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Women make your legs weak.

10. Matt

Matt Senior member

dude youre doing it all wrong...SHE is supposed to open HER legs for you, not the other way around...

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

dude youre doing it all wrong...SHE is supposed to open HER legs for you, not the other way around...
    Tell it to Mickey. Of course, he's dead, so Maybe you's could like, talk to Apollo or something... wait, he's dead too. I guess just talk to Paulie about it. I dunno.

12. matt22616

matt22616 Senior member

Not low cal, low carb. I don't really recommend it, but I understand if you have to have a beer every now and then, and from your posts that seems to be what you crave. In that case, Amstel is a good diet pick. Most hefewiezens are also moderate, 10-13 carbs and 120-150 cals.

It you can't stomach diet coke, grow up. Also, if you're not drinking Mount Gay rum, (diet) tonic, and lime....man. Rum and coke? Yeah, that's pussy. Or high school, I can't decide.

13. DNW

DNW Senior member

Women make your legs weak.

I take it things are going well with the chick you talked about?

14. Matt

Matt Senior member

It you can't stomach diet coke, grow up. Also, if you're not drinking Mount Gay rum, (diet) tonic, and lime....man. Rum and coke? Yeah, that's pussy. Or high school, I can't decide.
    I'm Australian son. Bundy and Coke is basically an institution.

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I take it things are going well with the chick you talked about?

Talk to her every couple days. Haven't gone on date 2 yet.

16. matt22616

matt22616 Senior member

I'm Australian son. Bundy and Coke is basically an institution.

Well, I guess there's no accounting for cultural differences. You get funny looks if you order anything "with coke" where I'm from. [​IMG]

17. Matt

Matt Senior member

after some decent 'overnight exercise', ran 5 km this morning in 25 mins, and split a footlong ham sandwich between lunch n dinner. Skipped b'fast. Did drink half a coke cos the waiter brought 1 too many, but otherwise, done pretty well today.

18. Matt

Matt Senior member

I was 80.4 on an empty stomach on Monday...I am 79.3 two hours after eating now....I guess that means I have lost about 1.5 kilo this week, give or take [​IMG] edit - mostly for my own records....penne for lunch. Dinner roast pork with rice. No b'fast. Drank a pineapple juice, two coffees and one protein shake. Gym, standard routine minus bag work, but ran 5km (25 mins - did it at 5pm, wasn't nearly as hot as the morning).

19. Matt

Matt Senior member

OK well last night I had a date, and since pussy was established upthread as a more than reasonable excuse to deviate, I deviated.

Again, not too bad, but still...a fail is a fail.

Omelet for lunch, ran 5 km. Banged out some pushups in there as well when I was bored. Other than a bit of cheese in the omelet, I was doing well.

Went to friend's house to watch Australian Open final. They were all smoking some really strong weed, giving me two choices...a contact high, or just smoking the fucking stuff myself. I smoked the fucking stuff myself. Munchies came on, but remarkably sated those with a couple of bananas and some apples. Again, doing pretty well all things considered. Weed wore off and went on my date.

She took me to some streetside place, and I left the ordering to her (this is how I learn). She ordered a noodle salad thing, some boiled sea snails and some spring rolls. Everything there is reasonably healthy other than the fried spring rolls. Fail 1.

Washed it down with two Pepsis. Fail 2. I shouldn't have let that one beat me dammit.

Went from there for frozen yogurt. I did have the non-fat one, but still...Fail 3.

Then to Amber Room for a drink. Did some mix of vodka, something else, some tequila and orange juice plus a tequila shot. Fail 4.

Given that it was a date, some degree of failure was inevitable, I mean, I can't take a girl out for two slices of lettuce and some water...and I did wanna bounce her around to build some false sense of familiarity, so I think 1, 3 and 4 are forgivable...but I shouldn't have succumbed to the Pepsi. Unfortunately the date sucked, so it was basically a waste of carbs n cals, but oh well...

Maybe I'll run 10km tonight to punish myself....

20. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I lost three pounds since yesterday.

Jon, you are a skinny little punk ass bitch. My shadow could probably whup your ass.

[​IMG]

Yeah, ok you keep on telling yourself that. [​IMG]