• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Matching woven shoe with woven belt?

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
You're supposed to have shoes and belt be the same colour. What about matching woven shoes with a woven belt?

like this type of shoe:
WOVEN%2BLEATHER%2B$340.jpg

with this type of belt

http://s7.landsend.com/is/image/Land...lcUYtdeOlamiwB

Is that kind of matching required, or does it go to the point of overdoing the matching?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
You could, but its really kind of overkill.

Those shoes would be fine with just a plain black leather belt, I don't think you need to replicate the weave pattern as well.

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
You could, but its really kind of overkill.

Those shoes would be fine with just a plain black leather belt, I don't think you need to replicate the weave pattern as well.

+1

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Definite overkill. You might add some visual interest going with something that does not come that close. Not crazy about those shoes BTW..

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd try to match the weave pattern but I would wear a black casual belt. I'm not a fan of the shoes.

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
Thanks. I figured that was the case, but the shoe/belt colour matching rule was news to me a few years back, so I figured it was better to check.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads