1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Matching what???

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GQ Lawyer, Jun 23, 2003.

1. GQ Lawyer

GQ Lawyer Senior member

We all know that it is faux pas to wear a matching tie and pocket square. However, is it acceptable to wear a matching tie and cuff links? My wife purchasd a very beautiful tie that came with cuff links in the same color/pattern. I am unsure as to wearing it without looking "bush league." Thoughts?

2. Yosarian77

Yosarian77 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do it, GQL. I have a similar striped tie with some cufflinks that look exactly like the tie. Together, they're a little too much.

3. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

It depends. To me, it sounds like a good option to have, even if you only exercise it once in a while. Sometimes I wear a matching shirt and pocket square, and I don't feel the least bit weird about it. If you're wearing a navy suit and a white shirt, matching tie and links may come off as uninspired - just as a matching solid burgundy tie and pocket square would - but if you're wearing a busy shirt and suit, it could serve to anchor the ensemble - just as a matching solid burgundy tie and pocket square could. The way I see it, even if your tie matches your pocket square or cuff links, at least you have made the decision to wear a pocket square or cuff links...

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

GQL:

I wouldn't do it all the time, but I'd do it...