• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Matching holster

detroiter

Reaction score
I recently got a concealed carry permit, my question is, should my holster match my belt or does it matter? Are there any holsters in shell cordovan?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't the point of a conceal carry that no one can see it?

I need to take my conceal carry class soon. What will you be carrying?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by detroiter
I recently got a concealed carry permit, my question is, should my holster match my belt or does it matter? Are there any holsters in shell cordovan?

A concealed carry permit?

Is it coming with a licence to kill ?

lou

Reaction score
Originally Posted by detroiter

Not sure if serious so I'll give an honest answer.

Your holster should do what it was designed to do, and fashion considerations are not part of that. You will want a holster designed by a company that knows what they are doing. The last thing you want is a weapon that won't come out freely when you need it.

detroiter

Reaction score
carry it on your hip under the suit jacket, sorta like a detective. CZ 75. Just wondering how you match it to your belt.

detroiter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
A concealed carry permit?

Is it coming with a licence to kill ?

Spelling and majoring in english gets you a job as an admin assistant. math, and statistics gets you my job. Ill stick with mine.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should see if you can get a walk-on with Detroit 1-8-7.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW there is a threak in the General section (I think) about conceal carrying...

Cherokeepilot

Reaction score
From years of having to wear a holster and firearm for many years, I found that the major problem wasn't how my belt and holster matched. The problem is finding a holster that holds onto the pistol in all sorts of conditions and not tearing up the suit jacket lining. The only time that I noticed if a holster and belt matched was usually one of the uniform officer inspections.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell holsters? Wow. I now hope to see a flood of questions on gun forums as to the proper care of a shell holster and whether it can be worn in the rain.

i10casual

Reaction score
I work at a holster factory. Nowdays anything can be made. If you go with a small leather maker then you'll get function plus what every leather/style you want. Try Milt Sparks, high noon, crossbread, ect. Don't do the big names galco, hunter, ect. Although desanti is pretty nice. If you tell me what kinda firearm you have I can help ya. Holsters are easy they just take forever to make. The tricky part is finding a good belt that will hold your weight. One that wont make you look like the law or a cowboy.
A&G custom leather makes nice belts.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.