• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Matching a Tie to a Grey/Blue Suit

burgerkong

Reaction score
Just bought a blue stripe Washington from SS and require some assistance in tie matching. Since it's textured, I was assuming something of the deonegal variety instead of smooth silk, though I'm just pulling from what I've seen here and online. Help! (possibly threw this in the wrong thread!)

TOstyle

Reaction score
Tough to see from the picture. Is that a winter weight suit?

Obviously you're going to be good with shades of both blue and grey (or even blue-grey), but red would also work against this. A wool tie would be good too, in reds to browns. As an idea, generally.

burgerkong

Reaction score
Ended up getting a woven wool blue, but I think I'm going to experiment with a shade of red, maybe grenadine sort of deal? It's a winter-ish weight, I';d say closer to summer though.

TOstyle

Reaction score
That's a good choice too. The wovens are quite nice and could go with that is it summer/ is it winter look to this one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads