1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Matching a light green sweater

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jabsin, Oct 21, 2004.

1. jabsin

jabsin Member

Hi, One of my friends bought me a V-neck cashmere sweater from Lands End. The one she picked out was the "Light Kelly Green" color, because she says it matches my eye color. I'm having a hard time putting together an outfit using this. I tried it with a charcoal pair of trousers, black shoes and a white button down shirt underneath, which looked ok, but I'd like something with more pizzazz, a little more color. Maybe a shirt with some stripes peeking through? What other color pants could I try? What about the shoes? This is the link to the sweater: Lands End Thanks.

2. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

orange or pink shirt would be colorful. maybe a gingham check or a tattersall with either of those colors.

if you like stripes, you could try a green-blue multistripe, but the green has to work with the sweater.

i have to confess i keep picturing a black turtleneck under that sweater, but that look might not be for everyone (or for anyone - what do i know).

either charcoal or khaki pants work fine.

some brown tweed trousers, in a plaid or houndstooth, could also work well.

if you want to get a little wild, some blue pants in a similar tone as the sweater might work. it takes careful coordinating though. if you do that, maybe use a black shirt and black shoes.

i'm less good at shoe recommendations. depends on the situation.

/andrew

ps - is the cashmere nice?

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Jeans with grey undertones, and maybe a cream or caramel striped colored Steven Alan soft collared style shirt underneath, untucked. Light to medium colored suede or distressed leather shoes.