1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

master cleanse diet

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by faustian bargain, Jun 30, 2006.

1. keal

keal Senior Member

What makes you say that these foods in particular are so good?

When you're eating healthy, it tends to be a low-fat, and maybe low-carb diet. Olives (or olive oil) along with almonds and avocados, have the good fats your body needs. I'd say a couple of olives (Quirk's right about olives being high in salt) or you can overdose on olive oil, and a small handful of almonds a day. You'll feel a lot better. I only eat avocados when it's in season, as we have the trees all around our neighborhood, and while it's high in fat, it's fine to eat a lot of it if you're eating healthy and low-fat the rest of the day.

There's a lot of other good things to have everyday, such as garlic, vinegar, unprocessed salt - but people are usually lacking in essential oils so I'd say olive oil and almonds are a great place to start [​IMG]

2. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Distinguished Member

Andrew (and anyone who's gone through it before), how much energy do you have, and how physical have you been? I feel like I could benefit from something like this. DFAC food blows goats. Only problem is that I need to be able to keep the physical intensity levels pretty high. I'm especially curious about the grapes...

you know, i'm not low on energy, but i don't do a whole lot of physical stuff (which is part of my problem to begin with). i've been doing a lot of walking, wrangling the kids, etc...but nowhere near military levels of exertion. i haven't felt tired. (except for when i don't get enough sleep, cf. kids above.)

i would say that you could maintain your energy level, with enough calorie intake. there's not much protein happening with this diet, so it's not for muscle building, but i get the feeling it's good for fat burning. i would consult a doctor first though.

i have lost ~9 lbs since a week ago. my stomach feels a good bit flatter (no shit...literally).

i agree with NR: that curry dish looks outstanding. getting off the fast is going to test my patience...a few days of juice and veg soup.

/andrew, end of day 7

3. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Thanks Andrew, keep on it! I could do with dropping 9 pounds over the next couple of weeks.

4. Spencer Young

Spencer Young Senior Member

Would you say the diet has been worth it/recommend it to others? Beyond the weight-loss outcome, are there any others you've noticed?

5. Matt

Matt [email protected]

i think its safe to presume him dead

6. faustian bargain

very nearly. [​IMG] (just out of town for the weekend.)

yesterday was day 10. this morning: ~14 lbs. i have no idea if that will stay off...given that i am fantasizing about pizza, probably not.

anyway the idea was to get my body a little healthier, not really to lose weight. so i'm not going to sweat it.

in terms of other effects - i have noticed a better general health overall. no pimples, cold sores, sniffles, etc., and of course i feel less 'blobby'. I think i didn't fully detoxify though, as my tongue never reached that 'pink' color it's supposed to have. i could have tried more than 10 days, but screw that, i don't have any more patience. oh well, maybe another time.

i am easing out of the fast with fresh-squeezed orange & grapefruit juice, and tomorrow midday i'll start eating some veg soup. thursday will be the first real food day.

thanks for the encouragement everyone. i can say, i think it was probably worth it, although i doubt i could have done it alone - without my wife and her mother i wouldn't have had the wherewithal. i never got used to the salt water. so if you want to try the diet, it'd be much easier if you've got a partner or two. (also you'll need to get the book for the protocol to follow. there's a second recent book that gives some more up-to-date perspective that's useful.) another thing to consider is whether you've got any business lunches during the planned period, where it might be awkward to explain your diet.

/andrew - just wants some cheese

7. keal

keal Senior Member

Faustian, great work! An inspiration. I'm adding a little cleansing to my daily routine:

I picked up a 4lbs block of Himalayan salt off of Ebay for $25.00, and I'm going to make Sole (salt water, aka brine) which you drink a teaspoon of each morning, diluted in a glass of water. (Interested folks can google 'himalayan salt brine' and a couple of how-to's will pop up)

It apparently stimulates your organs and cleans you out. I use Himalayan salt on my food, but never got around to trying it as a cleanser.

Keep the weight off by ditching your baggy clothes! Get a new lineup. I'd say keep a couple of large pants for those vacation days so you can eat a little more. But new clothes make the man, and old clothes make the fat man. Haha[​IMG]

Way to go!!! So, what do you want to eat first? Chicken, Pizza or a Burger?

8. faustian bargain

i will not repeat the Master Cleanse until the memory of salt water fades. i grimace every time i think about it.

first real food meal will be breakfast on thursday - maybe a bagel with cream cheese - and lox if i remember to buy some before then. lunch will be a couple slices of Zachary's pizza. dinner will be sushi with sake.

9. keal

keal Senior Member

Haha! Spoken like someone who's really coming off of a good fast. You've already visualized 3 meals ahead! [​IMG]

10. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Distinguished Member

i will not repeat the Master Cleanse until the memory of salt water fades. i grimace every time i think about it.

first real food meal will be breakfast on thursday - maybe a bagel with cream cheese - and lox if i remember to buy some before then. lunch will be a couple slices of Zachary's pizza. dinner will be sushi with sake.

you should fast 15 days so you can fully detoxify. you're almost there.

11. faustian bargain

maybe next time. too late now.

12. J-Shock

J-Shock Well-Known Member

Sorry to sound ignorant about this whole subject but i must say i am really interested.

From December of last year until now, i have lost close to 60 pounds by eating healthier, watching quantities and doing more physical activities. But i always get stomach pains and i have trouble digesting and i still feel not 1005 healthy.

So i was wondering how one goes about for the master cleanse. I would like to try it for a bit, i doubt i will last 10 or even 15 days, but i want to try. Any info please?

thanks in advance

13. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

14. Margaret

Margaret Distinguished Member

Congrats on the cleanse! Sounds like you got some great results.

I'd love to try something similar, but I'm too lean to go with something so hardcore -- I'd look sickly after two weeks. I may try two weeks of only fresh organic fruits and veggies or something, relying on stuff like avocados and bananas to keep some weight on. Though I don't know how much that might compromise my results...

15. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Distinguished Member

Sorry to sound ignorant about this whole subject but i must say i am really interested.

From December of last year until now, i have lost close to 60 pounds by eating healthier, watching quantities and doing more physical activities. But i always get stomach pains and i have trouble digesting and i still feel not 1005 healthy.

So i was wondering how one goes about for the master cleanse. I would like to try it for a bit, i doubt i will last 10 or even 15 days, but i want to try. Any info please?

thanks in advance

the master cleanse is a fast, not a diet. do not use it to lose weight! fasting is done to cleanse the body of toxins, and also for spiritual reasons. fasting for the purpose of losing weight is not healthy.