Massive Grill Pr0n Warning - Holiday Grilling

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by GrillinFool, Nov 22, 2010.

1. GrillinFool

GrillinFool Senior member

Thanksgiving is a few days away and Christmas is just around the corner as well as New Years. I have compiled a list of potential grilled delights for all those occasions.

This link is an amalgam of great recipes perfect for the holidays. From grilled turkey:

[​IMG]

To just a turkey breast if you are having a more intimate affair this turkey day:

[​IMG]

I also have the fried turkey without oil:

[​IMG]

If you're over the turkey, how about taking it up a notch for Thanksgiving, or this would be great for Christmas or New Years Prime Rib done two ways. Way 1:

[​IMG]

Way 2:

[​IMG]

If you really want to think outside the box, how about some grilled lamb. This is one of my faves:

[​IMG]

And with how cheap lobster is, if you want to go with a seafood meal, I give you boiled lobster (we're the boilin' fools too!!):

[​IMG]

And grilled lobster tails:

[​IMG]

I almost forgot the drink. Don't forget the hot buttered rum that I will be taking to two different thanksgiving feasts:

[​IMG]

2. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

GF, I sometimes find some of your stuff a little bit odd, but goddammit that prime rib looks incredible.

3. GrillinFool

GF, I sometimes find some of your stuff a little bit odd, but goddammit that prime rib looks incredible.

I do some strange stuff on the grill sometimes. I grilled melons once. Never again. I can't keep doing the same things over and over if I want to add content to the blog. That being said, that prime rib is as good as it looks....

4. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

the prime rib looks great, the first turkey looks great as it is perfectly evenly cooked. Your lamb chops might be slightly overcooked. The fried turkey though, looks like it has a venereal disease [​IMG]

5. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

[​IMG]
    This is beautiful. At what temperature did you roast this and what was the internal temperature?

6. GrillinFool

This is beautiful.

At what temperature did you roast this and what was the internal temperature?

I want to say we cooked it at 275-325. And we cooked it to like 140 internal temp, and pulled it to let it rest...

7. GrillinFool

the prime rib looks great, the first turkey looks great as it is perfectly evenly cooked. Your lamb chops might be slightly overcooked. The fried turkey though, looks like it has a venereal disease [​IMG]

The lamb was victim to a really shitty camera, really shitty lighting, and lots of wine by the photog. They were between rare and medium rare.

The fried turkey, was cooked in an infrared cooker that cooks at very high temps and I was told not to use any sugars in the rub because it will blacken the crap out of the sugars. I did not use any sugars in the rub, but I did in the brine. And that sugar leached into the skin and blacked. I made that bird on 4th of July and was wondering if White Castle was open on the fourth because I thought it was ruined. I pulled it when it was done, let it rest for about 20 minutes and carved it. It was stellar. The presentation wasn't the best, but it was great. There were no leftovers. I'm not perfect. I make mistakes, and I share them so others don't repeat mine.

I made another one of these for a tailgate for the Missouri/Illinois football game. No sugars in the brine or the rub. It was just a golden brown turkey. But I didn't take any pics.

8. Hoodyy

Hoodyy Active Member

Does this thread make anybody else extremely hungry?

9. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Does this thread make anybody else extremely hungry?

all of GF's threads make me exceptionally hungry.

10. tdangio

tdangio Senior member

No way, lamb? Now you're really breakin' the mold.

11. GrillinFool

No way, lamb? Now you're really breakin' the mold.

Uh, ok...

12. tdangio

tdangio Senior member

Lamb isn't outside the box. You're not a revolutionary griller.

13. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

Im thinking about tossing a prime rib on the WSM for a smoke session... that thing is making me hungry

14. ama

ama Senior member

Lamb isn't outside the box. You're not a revolutionary griller.
    Maybe my command of the English language isn't as good as yours, but where do you see any claims about being revolutionary? He is just a dude sharing some grilling stuff with the forvm. What was your little hissy fit about?

15. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

The fried turkey, was cooked in an infrared cooker that cooks at very high temps and I was told not to use any sugars in the rub because it will blacken the crap out of the sugars. I did not use any sugars in the rub, but I did in the brine. And that sugar leached into the skin and blacked. I made that bird on 4th of July and was wondering if White Castle was open on the fourth because I thought it was ruined. I pulled it when it was done, let it rest for about 20 minutes and carved it. It was stellar. The presentation wasn't the best, but it was great. There were no leftovers. I'm not perfect. I make mistakes, and I share them so others don't repeat mine.
    I think he meant that the white makes the bird look like something on rotten.com