1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Massimo Emporio shoes.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Distinguished Member

I am wanting some new black loafers, and saw a pair of these for ~$100 the other day. I had never heard of the brand, but it struck me as one of those "yeah, it's...uh...Italian." sort of things, not necessarily known for quality.

I liked the looks of them and the leather felt reasonably supple, but I'm not an expert in shoe construction by any means.

If anyone has any knowledge or experience, please chime in.

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

bump

I've never worn them, but I've seen them at DSW and possibly Nordstroms. Given the price, probably not welted. But I could be wrong.

3. Bergdorf Goodwill

Nailed it.

I had never been in one before, and found these shoes, which I liked a bit. Also found some Gordon Rush, some Magli...

4. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

If you're not in a hurry, wait around and see what happens after Christmas, when the stores go into "dump last year's stock" mode. You might be able to get a better shoe for your price. Another option, and the one I use, is Ebay.

Gordon Rush, I've seen but never bought or tried on. Bruno Magli looks good, but I feel they're too highly priced for the shoe.

5. Bergdorf Goodwill

I like the design of a lot of Rush shoes, not crazy about the fit and have concerns about the construction.

Magli shoes I'm sort of indifferent to in general, and spending that much money on a shoe that doesn't do anything for me seems a bit ridiculous.

For the most part, I've been wearing shoes that are cool looking, but not at all well made for some time and I'd like to see about rectifying the situation. I wear zip ankle boots almost all of the time, but I only have one well-constructed pair in a very, very dark brown. I'd like to grab pairs in light brown and black, and get some nice loafers as well. I've never really liked shoes with laces so much, so I'm not so concerned about upgrading that aspect of my collection.