• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Massdrop x Carmina Semi-Brogue Oxford

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I happy to be able to say that Styleforum is getting an exclusive on the new
Massdrop x Carmina Adelaide Semi-Brogue Oxford
A few of our members from our Carmina thread got to take an early look at the samples, and they'll be posting reviews shortly. We've worked for a while with Massdrop, and my first pair of Carmina I bought in 2007, so it's been a 10 year relationship!

As many of you know, but still bears repeating, Carmina is a fourth-generation shoemaker in Mallorca, Spain, and in the opinion of many, represents one of the best values in Goodyear welted shoes.

The Adelaide features the Carmina semi-brogue pattern on a hand-cut calfskin leather upper from France’s famous Tannerie D’Annonay on top of Rendenbach soles (Rendenbach is a German
manufacturer who has been making oak bark–tanned soles since 1871. This Adelaide is built on the Rain last, a versatile, natural-fitting last with a subtly squared-off toe.

Details

Calfskin upper and midsole from Tannerie D'Annonay
Channeled, beveled, oak bark–tanned sole from Joh. Rendenbach Jr.
Rain last
Goodyear welt
Dovetail heel
Nail-reinforced heel and toe
Handcrafted in Spain
Included
Pair of sized beechwood shoe trees
Pair of Carmina-branded red velvet dust bags
Gift box

Color Choices: black (negro) or brown (marron). Full and half sizes are
available from US men’s 6 to 14. Shoe trees are included.

Last edited:

LAluck5

Reaction score
already requested a request when this is up for sale. Will be my first pair of Carmina's. I'm excited.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
already requested a request when this is up for sale. Will be my first pair of Carmina's. I'm excited.
Seriously, though, I would keep on hitting refresh. I can't imagine that at $350. that these will last that long (production has its limits).

eddiemczee

Reaction score
This is a stellar drop. I have a pair of these that I bought from the Paris store and it is by far my favorite shoe. Rain is a great last, too. Well done!

LAluck5

Reaction score
Seriously, though, I would keep on hitting refresh. I can't imagine that at $350. that these will last that long (production has its limits).
I definitely plan on it. Will be my gift to myself for my new job.

Slickaroo

Reaction score
What advice would you gents have for buying my first pair of Carmina's, being from New Zealand (where Carmina just doesn't exist) I'm feeling a little bit hesitant on spending the money if I can't try them on, any advice?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What advice would you gents have for buying my first pair of Carmina's, being from New Zealand (where Carmina just doesn't exist) I'm feeling a little bit hesitant on spending the money if I can't try them on, any advice?

There's no perfect way to do things, but perhaps you could check out the Carmina sizing guide here? ( on phone, but just search for "Carmina sizing thread" ).

Cheers,

Fok.

burgerkong

Reaction score
Hey Fok,

Any chance we could skip the trees and bring the cost down some? Thanks!

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would help greatly to know your size in other internationally known dress shoe brands, especially if you know the model/last as well. It appears that Loake sells shoes in NZ, for example. I wear a UK 7.5F in Loake Capital and 026F lasts, so UK 7.5EE should (and does) fit me in Carmina Rain. Sneaker/trainer size is not nearly as helpful.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the SF exclusive?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Fok,

Any chance we could skip the trees and bring the cost down some? Thanks!
Unfortunately not. Though, that did bring a funny segment from Friends to mind (yes, I know, I'm dating myself):

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads