1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by brillopad, Dec 19, 2015.

1. ryanohare

ryanohare Senior member

+1 on the Kamakura suggestion, pretty purlease.

1 person likes this.
  2. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Just received my Superga sneakers today. The communication and shipping have been excellent. I followed sizing suggestions that they fit similar to Nikes, Addidas, etc., but find them a generous half size+ too large. I wouldn't wear them because they would be loose.

How does Massdrop account for a need for a different size? Mine are marked Euro 45, USA 11.5, UK 10.5. I probably need a USA 11, UK 10.

3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

I'm pretty sure they will tell you to send them to me. Thanks in advance.

4 people like this.
  4. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

Generally speaking, we don't do exchanges - since we order exactly what we need for each group buy and no more to keep costs low, there's generally no more stock to exchange with. That said, if you have any issues with your order don't hesitate to reach out to customer support. PM if you have any other questions!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  5. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

Another drop of interest for Styleforumites -

We recently started working with the US distributor of Loake 1880, and are running the Loake Kempton suede chukka at over 30% off right now. Those that are familiar with Loake are familiar with the high value the brand offers, as well as the recent "Loake embargo" that went into effect this year - UK-based retailers like Pediwear and Herring no longer ship Loake to the US, so this price is pretty dang good given the new MSRP structure.

If this drop goes well, hopefully we can offer many more styles of Loake in the future!

[​IMG]

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Any chance of these key cases coming back anytime soon? I'd be interested as the color I want is sold out everywhere. Double interested if you could work a special run with brass hardware.

Also wouldn't mind seeing the Keng Wang folding umbrellas return.

7. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

No plans for the key cases in the immediate future, but I'd like to think we could bring those back at some point. I'll look into it. They're great - I use my natural shell one every day.

I think we'll have both the KW folding and solid stick umbrellas up in the coming month or two.

1 person likes this.
  8. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

Here's something else I'd love to get some opinions on -

As some of you know, we've worked with Justin of J. Fitzpatrick a couple of times, and have had some great runs of his classic Magnolia oxford. We're putting together another MTO run of his shoes soon, this time in his popular single monk style, the Fauntleroy. My question for you folks is this - we're going to do black calf and brown suede for sure, but we can potentially offer one more. Would you rather see dark brown museum calf or gold museum calf?

[​IMG]

9. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

A flashy shoe needs a flashy color! Go for gold.

Not that I'm holding out hope, but any chance of width options?

10. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

I'm not 100% sure, but we were able to offer a wide fitting with our last JF drop and I'm hopeful that we can do the same here. We just need to make sure that everything went as expected during the last run.

11. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

Not sure that style will attract a ton of buyers. His Laurelhurst loafer on the other hand, given the season as well, certainly will. Maybe I just want loafers though...

12. TomOwen

TomOwen Well-Known Member

Definitely a dark brown museum calf option! That would be fantastic

13. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I didnt know there was a Massdrop thread, or maybe I did and I forgot to check. Ill have to keep checking back here for drops.

1 person likes this.
  14. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

That single monk is nice, I look forward to seeing it in suede. @brillopad, what shade of brown suede are we looking at?

15. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

16. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

17. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

Thanks for the input, guys.

Also, in shoe-related news: we're doing a cool MTO run of Rider Boot's Duldalk in a bunch of cool makeups. You can see the drop here.

[​IMG]

18. zissou

zissou Senior member

Hey @brillopad, have you considered offering Saphir brush sets? I've gotten all of my polish from you, and now I just need some brushes. Maybe a couple polishing brushes and some daubers?

1 person likes this.
  19. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

Saphir branded brushes are way overpriced because of (you guessed it) branding. HangerProject brand, TheShoeSnob brand, even Kiwi brushes bought on Amazon work well.

I like the hanger project becauset hey have a goat hair (very soft bristles, great for shine) brush for $16. Wish I knew that before spending $45 on a Burgol one from Skoak.

3 people like this.
  20. zissou

zissou Senior member

Thanks for the tip!