• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure that style will attract a ton of buyers. His Laurelhurst loafer on the other hand, given the season as well, certainly will. Maybe I just want loafers though...

TomOwen

Reaction score
Here's something else I'd love to get some opinions on -

As some of you know, we've worked with Justin of J. Fitzpatrick a couple of times, and have had some great runs of his classic Magnolia oxford. We're putting together another MTO run of his shoes soon, this time in his popular single monk style, the Fauntleroy. My question for you folks is this - we're going to do black calf and brown suede for sure, but we can potentially offer one more. Would you rather see dark brown museum calf or gold museum calf?

Definitely a dark brown museum calf option! That would be fantastic

jamie411

Reaction score
That single monk is nice, I look forward to seeing it in suede. @brillopad, what shade of brown suede are we looking at?

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, guys.

Also, in shoe-related news: we're doing a cool MTO run of Rider Boot's Duldalk in a bunch of cool makeups. You can see the drop here.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @brillopad, have you considered offering Saphir brush sets? I've gotten all of my polish from you, and now I just need some brushes. Maybe a couple polishing brushes and some daubers?

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey @brillopad, have you considered offering Saphir brush sets? I've gotten all of my polish from you, and now I just need some brushes. Maybe a couple polishing brushes and some daubers?

Saphir branded brushes are way overpriced because of (you guessed it) branding. HangerProject brand, TheShoeSnob brand, even Kiwi brushes bought on Amazon work well.

I like the hanger project becauset hey have a goat hair (very soft bristles, great for shine) brush for $16. Wish I knew that before spending $45 on a Burgol one from Skoak.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saphir branded brushes are way overpriced because of (you guessed it) branding. HangerProject brand, TheShoeSnob brand, even Kiwi brushes bought on Amazon work well.

I like the hanger project becauset hey have a goat hair (very soft bristles, great for shine) brush for $16. Wish I knew that before spending $45 on a Burgol one from Skoak.

Thanks for the tip!

dappercanadian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kent Wang any reason the umbrellas are $25 more this time around and international shipping costs significantly more than on your site? I still purchased one, just curious.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It wasn't feasible from a margin perspective to list them at the same price as before. Sometimes we can take a bit of a risk on a new product, but we weren't able to continue selling at that price.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's natural to want the item to be sold closer to a price point it was in the past, but this is still a reasonable deal considering Kent Wang's items never go on sale. If you want one of his umbrella's this is likely going to be the best deal you will find outside of a rare showing on eBay.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Agreed! And (if I do say so myself) one of the cool things about this is that you can design your own - you can pick the canopy/handle option, many of which are not sold on the KW site. To me, that plus the fact that they're less than on his site is pretty compelling. Of course, I already have one but those are my thoughts.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like them. Unfortunately I live in a desert with severe drought conditions. lolol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads