1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by brillopad, Dec 19, 2015.

1. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

2. MrTRC

MrTRC Senior member

Yes. I have had and still have over a variety of knit ties from a variety of makers. And i don't wear a knit tie under 2.75 inches.

3. dantheman83

dantheman83 Member

1 person likes this.
  4. bdavro23

bdavro23 Senior member

Did anyone else join the Saphir drop and get sent the wax tins instead of the jars of cream polish?

5. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

Hmm, that's definitely weird. Contact our CS team and they'll help you out.

6. bdavro23

bdavro23 Senior member

I did, hasnt been time for them to respond. Just curious if I was the only one or if this was a screw up at the vendor.

7. kczsilence

kczsilence Senior member

Actually I didn't even realize but you're right... I got 2 wax tins instead of my cream polish jars.

But, my cordovan cream polish and renovateur were broken and the cream spilled over everything... shot them an email about that but now I have to update them about the wax tins as well...

8. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

Shoot, that's no good. Thanks for submitting a CS ticket, I'll take a look into this on my end as well.

1 person likes this.
  9. Viral

Viral Senior member

dat Alex P. Keaton swag..........

10. kczsilence

kczsilence Senior member

Submitted everything including RMA. Not sure how to resolve this actually. Only the wax tins ironically survived even though the package was marked fragile. Does massdrop send prepaid return tracking labels? I'm assuming they'd at least want the wax tins back.

11. bdavro23

bdavro23 Senior member

Has there been any update on the wax versus cream jar issue? I havent heard back from CS yet, so I just thought I would check...

12. bdavro23

bdavro23 Senior member

Is the general public allowed to mail wax tins? I've bought them from Amazon in the past and they are not returnable because only distributors are allowed to send them (chemical content I would guess) through the mail/ Fedex, etc.

I could be wrong of course...

13. kczsilence

kczsilence Senior member

Haven't heard back yet but that may be because it's the weekend and they are off work probably.

Are the wax tin versions better or worse than the cream jar versions? Little confused honestly. Also can't tell what "color" I got though I originally ordered neutral

14. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Cream polish and wax polish serve different purposes. The cream also acts as a moisturizer and adds color, but the wax is just a protective layer that can be made into a high shine with little color change assuming you are using one close to the color of the shoe.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  15. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

For those wondering about the cream/wax mis-shipment:

Our Saphir vendor was back in the office today and sure enough, they sent us the wrong stuff and it went out on accident (as you can imagine, the names of the colors on the two products are the same. oops). We're working on the fix right now and should have everything resolved today. No matter what, we're gonna make sure that everybody got the thing they ordered, so don't worry!

I'll post an update soon.

1 person likes this.
  16. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

Update: We've reached back out to the vendor and they've acknowledged the error and confirmed that the correct, replacement units are en route to our warehouse now. As soon as the shipment is received, our team will work to have replacement packages to those that were affected right away. Thanks for your help identifying this issue!

17. kczsilence

kczsilence Senior member

Thanks sir!

18. troika

troika Senior member

Non-clothing massdrop thing

Tenkara rod!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is there a fishing thread on sf?

3 people like this.
  19. bdavro23

bdavro23 Senior member

Oh Massdrop...

Am I being trolled? Its not like my order is a matter of life and death, but it would be nice to get the goods I requested...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Also, they had to put the packing slip in with the goods... I'm not even upset, just apathetic about it at this point. I ordered some notebooks the other day. I am now expecting to receive some loose leaf paper and a bag of lima beans...

1 person likes this.
  20. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

Hmm. No, you're not being trolled of course, but it does look like you just scored some free Saphir wax polish!

Sorry that happened - for any CS issues, there's not really anything I can do here so be sure to submit them to our online support team if you haven't already! They will help resolve this.