1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Massachusett's Ave.'s Best Dressed Man

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kaxixi, Jun 23, 2010.

1. kaxixi

kaxixi Senior member

[​IMG] This dude sells papers at the side of the offramp from 395 at Massachusetts Ave. He's always spectacularly dressed. The other day, I asked a friend to snap a photo of him as we drove by.

2. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Looks like one of those dudes that sells Louis Farrakan's hate rag. We have them down here too.

Mike

3. elegantgentleman

elegantgentleman Senior member

What kind of papers is he selling?

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I've seen him or someone like him. He's awesome if it's the one. That's a good photo

5. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

What kind of papers is he selling?

I'm gonna guess The Final Call.

6. NH_Clark

NH_Clark Senior member

they have great bean pie. Ask him the next time you see him.

7. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

they have great bean pie. Ask him the next time you see him.

+1 in philly

8. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

I think we were all expecting so see someone else.

9. AJL

AJL Senior member

I think we were all expecting so see someone else.

Wrong side of town, in fact, wrong town.

10. CunningSmeagol

Wrong side of town, in fact, wrong town.

You know that Mass Ave runs all the way up through Arlington, right?

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Never seen him, Mass ave and what? I'll call the Sart to come and snap him...

12. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

I'll be walking right past this guy every day starting in August. Looking forward to it now.

13. AJL

AJL Senior member

You know that Mass Ave runs all the way up through Arlington, right?

Check. Come to think of it, I'm not quite sure where the hell 395 is...? At first glance, I assumed we were talking Melnea Cass/ ramp to Xway where some "dudes" are known to ply their trade. As is reasonably well known, our "Mystery Big Timer" spends the balance of his time across the river, aka Cantabridgia. 395 at Mass Ave? Help me.

14. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

Check. Come to think of it, I'm not quite sure where the hell 395 is...? At first glance, I assumed we were talking Melnea Cass/ ramp to Xway where some "dudes" are known to ply their trade. As is reasonably well known, our "Mystery Big Timer" spends the balance of his time across the river, aka Cantabridgia. 395 at Mass Ave? Help me.

DC

15. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

I think I've seen this guy at the Cambridge exit ramp off of 90 East. Can't be 395, that doesn't meet up until Worchester?

16. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Those guys usually wear suits. I think it's actually part of their religion. Sure seems like it.

17. satorstyle

satorstyle Senior member

All of the nation of islam guy's have to wear at least a collared shirt and slacks. Most wear suits, but this guy does take it to another level.

18. CunningSmeagol

Yeah no clue. I initially read it as 395 Mass Ave, which is a Boston address. I never drove on I-395. Still, "Mass Ave.'s BSDM", since I have since moved, has got to be none other than you know who. Or maybe Gary Drinkwater.

19. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Yeah no clue. I initially read it as 395 Mass Ave, which is a Boston address. I never drove on I-395. Still, "Mass Ave.'s BSDM", since I have since moved, has got to be none other than you know who. Or maybe Gary Drinkwater.

It's rich watching a bunch of people who try so hard to be 'classy adults' on the Internet act exactly the way children would when criticized. A new poster said something about the community being tasteless and now the community's actions have basically proven him correct. It's amazing how you guys do it and still believe yourselves so refined.

Styleforum is a great place to come to learn about brands and quality and options, but it isn't a place to come about actual style. Use the forum for what you can, for some people it's posting in threads about all the new stuff they bought on credit, for others, it's reading about what others bought, learning about these items and investigating based on their own taste.

- B

20. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Hey theres my building