• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Masks to improve skin on face?

stanwelks

Reaction score
The skin on my face is dry and I put lotion on after shaving and at night I am now washing my face and applying more moisturizer.

Is there some sort of mask I can use or some deep moisturizer I can use once a week or so for more effect?

Thanks.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stanwelks
The skin on my face is dry and I put lotion on after shaving and at night I am now washing my face and applying more moisturizer. Is there some sort of mask I can use or some deep moisturizer I can use once a week or so for more effect? Thanks.
Moisturizing is a daily process. Skinactives is a good site to help you on this. http://www.skinactives.com/

scientific

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what are you using to wash your face? you probably need a less harsh soap. and you may need a heavier moisturizer.

robertogomes

Reaction score
An Pimple cure home remedy can be made from products that are readily available in our kitchens.Face Masks should be considered by everyone for an overall skincare treatmet. Facial masks serve to cleanse the skin and treat problems.Dry chamomile flowers and milfoil flowers put into the bowl and fill with a glass of boiling water.

stanwelks

Reaction score
I try to only wash my face once a day using cetaphil before I shave. I then put on aftershave/moisterizer after I shave. Sometimes I wash my face at night before I go to bed with cetaphil and then use cetaphil moisterizer, though most of the time I do not wash my face again at night. Is it bad to not wash my face at night? Does that clog pores and cause problems?

Thanks.

turboman808

Reaction score
Skip the aftershave and problem is solved. I've never used it myself.

Everyone is always surprised that I exfoliate after I shave. Then my favorite facial cream(rosa arctica at the moment).

stanwelks

Reaction score
you exfoliate after shaving? isn't shaving sort of like exfoliating?

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stanwelks
you exfoliate after shaving? isn't shaving sort of like exfoliating?

I am not a skin expert but I will play one for 2 minutes while I type this. Or at least give you my experience.
smile.gif

Shaving exposes your face to bacteria and also puts a clean cut across the hair at the follicle. Either one or both can agitate the follicle and cause inflammation.

The idea behind aftershave is to sterilize the area and kill the bacteria and also close up the pores. Also dries your skin. While alcohol can remove moisture very quickly from your face it cannot be replaced fast by using moisturizer. Moisturizer needs time to work. Lets not forget that by closing up and tightening the pores you have also tightened the hair follicle. Sounds like irritation city.

So what I am suggesting is just a way that I have got a close shave and not leave my face dry or get any inflammation. Exfoliating will remove any contaminants and also open the hair follicle so the hair is not causing irritation.

If anyone disagrees or I explained anything wrong I would love to hear what you have to say on the subject. This is just what I have found works best for me.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd encourage you to try Tend Skin on your face after shaving rather than exfoliating.

OakCreekHitter

Reaction score
good facial products solve all your face problems, whether it be dryness, redness, or irritation due to shaving.

don't be hesitant to buy the more expensive stuff because usually you get what you pay for!

callhats

Reaction score
I think this thought is really important and impressive. There are several types of masked products are available for different types of your skin for various condition. I think facial makes is really very healthy and effective for skin because it can improve tone, texture and overall appearance of the skin. In my opinion you may also try it.

callhats

Reaction score
I have no much idea about it but in my some knowledge, There are so many energy pills are in the market for every different combinations that contain steroids. I think Some of the best energy supplements come from weeds such as Ginkgo biloba and sepsis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads