• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"masculine" fragrances ?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Givenchy Gentleman is my SOTD today, and very masculine. I always thought of it as "Kouros with patchouli" and, looking at the notes, noticed the similar civet and vetiver note in both.

This one is not for the faint of heart, as it's quite spicey with some funk, but it's very masculine. It's got a very 70's retro vibe, though still quite wearable today.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
Creed - Green Irish Tweed was made for Cary Grant.

And has a latrine air about it.

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
What do you guys think of this sampler? It seems to include several of the things mentioned in this thread. http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...IMALICMEN.aspx
I've not sampled most of those and of those I have only the Yatagan hit me. But you've got the right idea...although you could make up your own sample package and perhaps focus it a little more. BTW, Sonoma Studios sells small samples. I am very fond of the Fireside Intense and the Tabac Aurea. I mean for a couple of dollars you can satisfy yourself as to whether these might suit you. It might be worth noting that all fragrances smell different on different people. Sniffing a card at a department store doesn't tell you much. Sometimes fragrances that smell terrible straight out of the flacon turn into something altogether different on your skin. Especially as the various notes open up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics