• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marzotto lab/ isaia suit

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i mentioned in another topic, which no one responded to, that there is a barneys new york clearance sale going on in santa monica. i asked if anyone had any info on the barneys private label suits; apparently not. i have just returned from there and i bought a beautiful three-button suit with side vents and what the salesman told me was super 120s cloth made by marzotto lab (never heard of it). it is a medium gray with light gray stripes and i love it. btw, while i was there i tried on a $3500 isaia and i told myself "this is how a suit should be made." the shoulders have no padding, the angle is slightly sloped, so it looks truely natural, and the shoulder seams are actually on the shoulder, where they belong, bellissississimo. the size 40 fit me perfectly, whereas i like the size 38 on all the other suits. one day i will get one just like it- on sale-of course.

bryce330

Reaction score
What is the cut like on the Barneys' private label suits? There is an outlet near me and I was thinking of checking it out this weekend...

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bryce,
the cut on the suits is fairly standard, maybe slightly slimmer than the american standard, but not much. all the ones i saw were 3-button, unvented, with a soft shoulder. the label says made in italy. some say super 100s, and some don't mention the fabric grade at all. i tried on a 36 by mistake and actually like it, but i couldn't buy it because the pants were size 30. (i have a 40" chest). i say have a look, because some of the fabrics were great, and the quality looks to measure up at least to a hugo boss, though that may not be saying much.

naturlaut

Reaction score
btw, while i was there i tried on a $3500 isaia and i told myself "this is how a suit should be made." the shoulders have no padding, the angle is slightly sloped, so it looks truely natural, and the shoulder seams are actually on the shoulder, where they belong, bellissississimo. the size 40 fit me perfectly, whereas i like the size 38 on all the other suits. one day i will get one just like it- on sale-of course.
Finally someone who likes Isaia as much as I do.  I think Isaia is always ignored along Kiton and Attolini.  As I have gave a detail review earlier about Isaia suits and pants, I think Isaia certainly worth a place in your wardrobe.  I have my reservations on their shirts though .... ("don't get me wrong, they are excellent, but ...")

Hopefully, they don't get too greedy and stray away from what they do best.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Finally someone who likes Isaia as much as I do. I think Isaia is always ignored along Kiton and Attolini. As I have gave a detail review earlier about Isaia suits and pants, I think Isaia certainly worth a place in your wardrobe. I have my reservations on their shirts though .... ("don't get me wrong, they are excellent, but ...")
smile.gif
For suits I prefer Isaia over everyone else by a large margin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads