• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marzoni Fabric

Audi1

Reaction score
I am trying to locate the supplier of Marzoni suit fabric. Any insight on who or where to contact the maker/supplier?

JCachot

Reaction score
I can't prove it but I believe Marzoni fabric is not really Italian. I believe
it's Chinese. The company website has no contact information -- no address,
no phone number. The agent for the cloth is in Hong Kong. It is my believe --
although not yet proven -- that Marzoni is passing off product as Italian
when it's actually made in China. Can someone disprove this?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

though, I have no proof, the look of the website makes me think that they are a converter/fabric supplier to the trade.
no mill. they commission other mills to produce for them. the fabric could be from anywhere.

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Their books are commonly seen in many Shanghai tailor shops. So you might be right.

hymo

Reaction score
Just this weekend I handled Marzoni and Carlos Barbera books. I suspect both to be Chinese.

woolnotmutton

Reaction score
Just this weekend I handled Marzoni and Carlos Barbera books. I suspect both to be Chinese.

Chinese try to pass off Chinese made goods as Foreign made all the time especially to domestic customers.. Although their textile industry is getting better and better.

ancdmd

Reaction score
I just got three Astor & Black suits with Marzoni fabrics. Thought they were Italian, hope they aren't Chinese. Either way they feel good and look good....

woolnotmutton

Reaction score
I just got three Astor & Black suits with Marzoni fabrics. Thought they were Italian, hope they aren't Chinese. Either way they feel good and look good....

if you felt good with them, and didn't pay too much for those Astor & Black suits then you should not worry if they Chinese or European fabrics. Since Astor and Black operates out of HK (their tailors) I wouldn't be surprised if they use plenty of Chinese suiting fabrics. Granted this industry is really not that high tech, and if china has the kind of quality control as euro counterparts their products should be just as good or getting better and better.
As far as Marzoni is concerned, just by looking at the site I would say that its a foregin investor with tech background in Texiles and now manufacturing in China. There are plenty of firms that do this. I believe Corneliani now manufactures some suits in China.

Last edited:

Classic Car

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Can someone inform me the name and contact number of the agent in HK?

Many thanks
Classic Car

JCachot

Reaction score
The issue isn't about quality -- although it's unlikely the Chinese mills can match the Italians or British. The issue is whether Marzoni is being deceptive. It is duplicitous to present the cloth as Italian if it's made in China. Why can't they just tell people where they make their
cloth? What's the problem with that? Astor & Black no longer overtly promote Marzoni as "Italian cloth" but they do not tell their customers the provenance of their product. Astor & Black want people to think that Maroni is a made-in-Italy product. This is clearly deceptive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads