Marwan Halal's Style Tips (WITH PICTURES!!)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kenneth Cole Haan, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Senior member

What is the SF take on this dude's style?

http://www.thestyleblogger.com/busin...l-pearl-white/From styleblogger

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

This man is guilty of testicular homicide. Exhibit A: the khakis in the first pic. His family jewels, or what's left of them, don't stand a chance. Even Lufty's deft sack-suit legal maneuvering can't save this criminal.

Btw, this whole post can be distilled to one sentence: "Buy a lot of low-quality, tight-fitting, shortly-tailored shit from H&M and you'll look totes awesome."

3. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

pretty good. I'm starting to get annoyed by my nut crushers. They're not very comfortable!

First pic, pants too high, too short, needs tapering... Moose knuckles

Second pic, meh. shirt is really ugly and tie clip looks odd.

Last pic, okay I guess. The look is getting to annoy me though... narrow lapels and really slim fit.

The pics are much better with the lady there.

+1 for obviously cheap clothing

4. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

Never heard of the guy. He looks to be in great shape (no homo), but isn't there something very wrong with our society when his outfits in all three pics actually appear to be tighter than hers? Her pants in the last pic actually look looser than his. There is something fundamentally wrong with this.

All joking aside, aside from the tight fit, which does seem to work for him, and the blue driving mocs in the last pic, the outfits don't look so bad.

5. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

i'm tired of these guys who think dressing well = sizing down

6. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

This man is guilty of testicular homicide. Exhibit A: the khakis in the first pic. His family jewels, or what's left of them, don't stand a chance.

I edited my comments before posting, but when I looked at the first pic I swear my first reaction was "Is that an example of male camel toe?"

7. WestIndianArchie

WestIndianArchie Senior member

chick's 2nd pic is kinda nice

8. DrStrangelove

DrStrangelove Well-Known Member

That's where I stopped reading.

9. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

10. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

11. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

In the first 2 pics, the girl bears a minor resemblance to Emmanuelle BÃ[​IMG]art.

12. sobecane

sobecane Well-Known Member

This man is guilty of testicular homicide. Exhibit A: the khakis in the first pic. His family jewels, or what's left of them, don't stand a chance. Even Lufty's deft sack-suit legal maneuvering can't save this criminal.

Btw, this whole post can be distilled to one sentence: "Buy a lot of low-quality, tight-fitting, shortly-tailored shit from H&M and you'll look totes awesome."

Are you the same guy hating on the styleblogger from the Esquire post? I don't really like his style either but I guess it serves its purpose to help younger dressers or those with less disposable income have a segway into dressing better. Why all the hate?

13. sellahi22

sellahi22 Senior member

the color/pattern coordination in the outfits is decent. the trouser fit and the shoes are terrible and destroy the looks.
    He's straddling the gap between WAYWT and www.whatisjameswearing.com. And yes, that gap is as narrow as his ties.
    James is 1000x better dressed than Dan Trepanier. Trepanier's style is uber-tacky, the 2011 version of the kenneth cole square toe or blazer + untucked shirt look.

14. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

James is 1000x better dressed than Dan Trepanier.

James makes Dan Trepanier look like Manton for fuck's sake.

[​IMG]

15. CaymanS

CaymanS Senior member

Are you the same guy hating on the styleblogger from the Esquire post?

[​IMG]

I don't really like his style either but I guess it serves its purpose to help younger dressers or those with less disposable income have a segway into dressing better. Why all the hate?

People with limited income should buy nice, machine-made (but well-made) stuff that they can get a lot of solid use out of, instead of buying a lot of crappy pieces. Nobody needs a navy belt from Hugo Boss.

H&M blazer above: $80-ish. Dry clean it 4 or 5 times and watch it bubble up like a soda can.

Zegna blazer at Off Fifth: $199. Wear it proudly until you're old, then give it to your son.

Why all the hate?

Not hating. Just think these BDRM All-Stars are a hilarious lot. If you can't have fun at others' expense on the Forvm, then where?