• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marvin Harrison will be charged

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
EDIT: Mod - please change title to "Looks like Marvin harrison will be charged"

Funny how this happens two days after the Colts season ends.
plain.gif

Prosecutor To Hold News Conference On Harrison Case

PHILADELPHIA -- We'll find out Tuesday whether NFL star and local native Marvin Harrison will face charges in connection with a shooting in Philadelphia last April.

Fox 29 News has learned that Philadelphia District Attorney Lynne Abraham will reveal the results of the investigation during a news conference.

Police have said the gun used in the shooting near Harrison's car wash in the Brewerytown section of the city belonged to him.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/pag...Y&pageId=1.1.1

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he is far less flashy and controversial than ocho cinco, to, randy moss, plaxico, etc. yet he's the only one implicated in shooting someone besides himself.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well Ocho Cinco doesn't really have any bad brushes with the law.

Randy may not have shot anyone but he did shove someone down the street with his car.

Don't get me started on my beloved Ravens. Ray-Ray and the bloody mink overcoat, and Jamal and the sketchy cocaine deal.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I can't believe this. He is probably the last NFL player in the league right now that you'd expect to shoot somebody.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, ray lewis did a pretty amazing job of making nearly everyone forget what a douchebag he is.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I can't believe this. He is probably the last NFL player in the league right now that you'd expect to shoot somebody.
This is disappointing to hear. I thought the investigation was over long ago.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Press conference is at 11 this morning.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the guy he shot probably needed to be shot

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
January 6, 2009

Prosecutor: Marvin Harrison gun case is stuck

By Mark Alesia
[email protected]

The Philadelphia District Attorney said this morning her office can’t yet proceed with charges in a shooting last April involving Indianapolis Colts receiver Marvin Harrison because there is no credible account of the incident from witnesses.

“We have nine or so versions of what happened,” District Attorney Lynne Abraham said at a news conference in Philadelphia.

The shooting occurred April 29 in Harrison’s old North Philadelphia neighborhood. A 32-year-old man was shot in the hand, and a 2-year-old boy sustained a cut under his eye when a stray bullet his a windshield.

Police confirmed that a gun owned by Harrison was used in the shooting.

Harrison has not talked about the incident publicly. Colts owner Jim Irsay said soon after the incident that Harrison told he and coach Tony Dungy and team president Bill Polian that he was not involved.

Harrison is the target of a civil suit in the incident. Dwight Dixon, Philadelphia, who claims he was a victim in the shooting, is seeking more than $50,000 in compensatory damages and more than $50,000 in punitive damages. The lawsuit claims Harrison “intentionally and outrageously shot” Dixon, although another part of the document says Dixon could have been shot by someone else using Harrison’s gun.

Dixon says he suffered “serious and permanent injuries to his arm, body, etc., and a severe shock to his nerves and nervous system.”

Abraham said charges could be brought after depositions in the civil suit.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$100k?

If it I were an NFL player and it was accepted that my gun was used for the shooting, even if I were on Mars at the time of the shooting, I would pay the $100k and be done with it.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh no, Marvin a guy with a mustache like that doesn't shoot people!
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads