• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Martini and Rossi Bianco Vermouth?

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I had some on the rocks with a twist the other night and it was fantastic. My server had just grabbed it for me from the bar but had never heard of the stuff either. Almost a chocolate/cedar taste to it... Anyone use it in a martini?

nakokoro

Reaction score
I recently bought another bottle from Bevmo. When first introduced to it, I was told it was known more as a women's drink. I wasn't surprised; you hardly taste alcohol and it's delicious. Never tried it in a martini though, only on the rocks with lemon zest, as you had.

Rompson

Reaction score
Bump. I bought a bottle of this on a whim and its delicious. Great on the rocks and makes a delicious Manhattan IMO. I love the citrus notes and the vanilla aftertaste. Anyone else try this?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have a bottle and have never given it a second thought.

Rompson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I have a bottle and have never given it a second thought.
lol somehow i thought that would be the general response.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I had some on the rocks with a twist the other night and it was fantastic. My server had just grabbed it for me from the bar but had never heard of the stuff either. Almost a chocolate/cedar taste to it... Anyone use it in a martini?

not sure waht type of martini you had? i frankly the the type i have seen done in some pubs in italy and through in youtube one in japan... in which the vermouth is used and thrown way before addign the gin to the mixing container.... anyway i suspect it would make that drink slightly sweeter. if you prefer that way.

Rompson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
not sure waht type of martini you had? i frankly the the type i have seen done in some pubs in italy and through in youtube one in japan... in which the vermouth is used and thrown way before addign the gin to the mixing container.... anyway i suspect it would make that drink slightly sweeter. if you prefer that way.

Martini and Rossi is the brand of vermouth, fyi.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rompson
Martini and Rossi is the brand of vermouth, fyi.

i know that..... asss whype but you hbuy you have 3 differetn types of vermouth that they produce under their name excludinng the noill prat which they own...
rosso
bianco
extra dry...
typically a martiniwoulde be made with the extra dry...

Rompson

Reaction score
haha ok ok i just thought you might have been confused because the post you quoted was from 2010. My apologies.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rompson
Bump. I bought a bottle of this on a whim and its delicious. Great on the rocks and makes a delicious Manhattan IMO. I love the citrus notes and the vanilla aftertaste. Anyone else try this?
Dolin's White vermouth is better but I love the white vermouths generally.

lbcgav

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Martini & Rossi's equivalent of Campari? I don't believe it's available in the states.

Rompson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Dolin's White vermouth is better but I love the white vermouths generally.
Do you mix it or drink it like an aperitif? I'm not aware of any cocktails that call for white vermouth specifically.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, I mix it, unless the quinine is high, like Cocchi Americano. While there are several white vermouth recipes, you can use it anywhere Lillet Blanc is called for.

Rompson

Reaction score
Oh great! Thank you.
bigstar[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads