• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Martini and Rossi Bianco Vermouth?

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
1,351
Reaction score
3
Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I had some on the rocks with a twist the other night and it was fantastic. My server had just grabbed it for me from the bar but had never heard of the stuff either. Almost a chocolate/cedar taste to it... Anyone use it in a martini?
 

nakokoro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2008
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
I recently bought another bottle from Bevmo. When first introduced to it, I was told it was known more as a women's drink. I wasn't surprised; you hardly taste alcohol and it's delicious. Never tried it in a martini though, only on the rocks with lemon zest, as you had.
 

Rompson

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
312
Reaction score
78
Bump. I bought a bottle of this on a whim and its delicious. Great on the rocks and makes a delicious Manhattan IMO. I love the citrus notes and the vanilla aftertaste. Anyone else try this?
 

impolyt_one

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
14,449
Reaction score
4,792
I have a bottle and have never given it a second thought.
 

Rompson

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
312
Reaction score
78
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I have a bottle and have never given it a second thought.
lol somehow i thought that would be the general response.
 

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2007
Messages
5,114
Reaction score
137
Originally Posted by JesseJB
Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I had some on the rocks with a twist the other night and it was fantastic. My server had just grabbed it for me from the bar but had never heard of the stuff either. Almost a chocolate/cedar taste to it... Anyone use it in a martini?

not sure waht type of martini you had? i frankly the the type i have seen done in some pubs in italy and through in youtube one in japan... in which the vermouth is used and thrown way before addign the gin to the mixing container.... anyway i suspect it would make that drink slightly sweeter. if you prefer that way.
 

Rompson

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
312
Reaction score
78
Originally Posted by scarphe
not sure waht type of martini you had? i frankly the the type i have seen done in some pubs in italy and through in youtube one in japan... in which the vermouth is used and thrown way before addign the gin to the mixing container.... anyway i suspect it would make that drink slightly sweeter. if you prefer that way.

Martini and Rossi is the brand of vermouth, fyi.
 

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2007
Messages
5,114
Reaction score
137
Originally Posted by Rompson
Martini and Rossi is the brand of vermouth, fyi.

i know that..... asss whype but you hbuy you have 3 differetn types of vermouth that they produce under their name excludinng the noill prat which they own...
rosso
bianco
extra dry...
typically a martiniwoulde be made with the extra dry...
 

Rompson

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
312
Reaction score
78
haha ok ok i just thought you might have been confused because the post you quoted was from 2010. My apologies.
 

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
7,827
Reaction score
651
Originally Posted by Rompson
Bump. I bought a bottle of this on a whim and its delicious. Great on the rocks and makes a delicious Manhattan IMO. I love the citrus notes and the vanilla aftertaste. Anyone else try this?
Dolin's White vermouth is better but I love the white vermouths generally.
 

lbcgav

Senior Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
440
Reaction score
18
Has anyone tried Martini & Rossi's equivalent of Campari? I don't believe it's available in the states.
 

Rompson

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
312
Reaction score
78
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Dolin's White vermouth is better but I love the white vermouths generally.
Do you mix it or drink it like an aperitif? I'm not aware of any cocktails that call for white vermouth specifically.
 

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
7,827
Reaction score
651
Oh, I mix it, unless the quinine is high, like Cocchi Americano. While there are several white vermouth recipes, you can use it anywhere Lillet Blanc is called for.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

  • I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

  • I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

  • I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

  • Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
438,321
Messages
9,443,249
Members
197,870
Latest member
viacenpill
Top