• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Martin & Osa - Anybody have experience?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My brother told me about this store he found in some city or other called Martin & Osa.

I'm looking to buy a navy blazer and he liked the one they sell, which right now I could get for about $120 with the 20% discount they're running.

Does anybody have any experience with this brand? Is it any good?

Link to the sportcoat: http://www.martinandosa.com/web/brow...=3820_2129_430

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They strike me as a kind of banana republic/gap/j-crew-esque store. I have a couple shirts by them and they're nothing special.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can speak to a wonderful CS experience I had with them.

I was in a store with my fiencee buying her something. There was a bit of an issue that I'll spare the details of. I sent an email to customer service explaining. A few days later I received a call from a company rep. They apologized profusely and were super friendly...a few days later I received a letter. Turns out the person that called me was the president.

allcapitan

Reaction score
I bought a pair of wingtips, severely discounted. They looked very cheap and fit oddly. They were returned.

oaw01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mossrockss
My brother told me about this store he found in some city or other called Martin & Osa. I'm looking to buy a navy blazer and he liked the one they sell, which right now I could get for about $120 with the 20% discount they're running. Does anybody have any experience with this brand? Is it any good? Link to the sportcoat: http://www.martinandosa.com/web/brow...=3820_2129_430
Well, I tried the same blazer on in the store and I wouldn't buy it. It has no structure, boxy, and it fitted weird. In addition, ****** fabric which was expected for that price point. However, it has functional sleeves

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they're related to American Eagle.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whoah obama? i kid
cool story

Originally Posted by JohnGalt
I can speak to a wonderful CS experience I had with them.

I was in a store with my fiencee buying her something. There was a bit of an issue that I'll spare the details of. I sent an email to customer service explaining. A few days later I received a call from a company rep. They apologized profusely and were super friendly...a few days later I received a letter. Turns out the person that called me was the president.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a good Customer Service experience as well. Picked up a bunch of shirts for around $12 a piece and some sweaters. Good value for money when on these silly sales. I would not pay anywhere close to retail though...

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dress/sport shirts are about 4-5 inches too short if you are over 6' tall. Told this to the sales lady and she said they receive that complaint all the time, and from people shorter than I. Not sure why they cut for midgets or do not have a tall option then. At $12 on sale for rather attractive shirts I was disappointed to not fit any.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 2 summery gingham casual sport shirts, a web belt, and a yellow 100% cashmere V-neck sweater from M&O. I bought them all on a huge discount from the website. They are nothing too special, but I was pleased with the cashmere sweater, although its sleeves seemed a little long, considering the otherwise great fit.

Nothing to really brag about. Another poster said he thinks they are associated with American Eagle. I heard after I bought my stuff that they are owned by the same parent company. Not sure, however.

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's related to American Eagle and similar to J.Crew--good when on sale. I've been very happy with the pieces I've got from the sale section on their website--chinos, polos, etc.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've bought 7 or 8 Martin & Osa knit shirts recently at Filene's Basement, as well as a pair of jeans. I've been very happy with the purchases -- so much so that I went back and bought more. The shirts are $19 and the jeans are $24. Amazing buys for what seems to be high quality cotton (way better than "mall store" standard fare shirt fabric), great fit, and good and unique designs. The jeans fit great too.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are cheap shirts but I have no issues with them for everday office wear. I got them for $15 each, spent $10 on tailoring and they are just fine.

Only thing I dont like is the collar is floppy. No collar stays, no buttons. Oh well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads