• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

>> Martin Greenfield Golden Fleece for BROOKS BROTHERS Custom 40R 3-Piece Suit >>

tarheel

Reaction score
** SOLD - THANKS GUYS **

I thought I'd put something up about this AMAZING Golden Fleece suit that I've got in 40R before I list it on eBay. It was made by Martin Greenfield in New York (google him if you don't know - he's the "Tailor to Presidents") as a display suit but it doesn't appear to have even been pinned to a mannequin (the trousers aren't even creased).

It has many custom touches but the size is a standard 40R - perfect! I've got the actual production ticket from his facility that shows all of the specifications.

I have included a few pictures of it below. It is exceedingly difficult to capture the beauty of a suit like this in a couple of pictures. If you take a look at those and would like some more information, let me know and I can give you all measurements, specs, etc.

A few of the basics are:

Super 130s wool
Navy herringbone
40R
34W trousers
Matching vest
Custom awning stripe interior lining to vest and sleeves of jacket
Hand-stitched edges of lapels and pockets, etc.
Side vents in rear
Unfinished sleeves
All button holes are hand-finished
Prong loop on trousers
and more and more...

If you're interested, let me know. I will be posting it tonight on eBay if I don't get a taker this afternoon but I'll give you first chance at it.

>> I don't know if I've every seen a Brooks Brothers suit that I personally like better than this one - I don't say that lightly <<

Since it was custom produced as a display, it doesn't have a retail price. My educated guess (you can check with your local BB) would be $2300+ as new off-the rack Golden Fleece suiting ranges up to $1900 and this one is a 3-piece.

I'll be posting it on eBay for $340 but would be willing to do $270 (including shipping) if I can save the listing fees/hassle and find a good home for it with an SF member...

http://www.brooksbuyers.com/GFSuit.jpg
http://www.brooksbuyers.com/GFSuit2.jpg
http://www.brooksbuyers.com/GFSuit3.jpg
http://www.brooksbuyers.com/GFSuit4.jpg
http://www.brooksbuyers.com/GFSuit5.jpg

gefinzi

Reaction score
I will buy it for $270 if the measurements work for me. I sent you a PM.

kali77

Reaction score
If it does not work for gefinzi, I will take it measurements permitting. Just PM me with the measurements if it does not work out.

Thanks, Gene

tarheel

Reaction score
A few measurements that might be helpful (all should be standard for GF 40R):

Shoulder seam-to-seam: 19.5 inches
Top of collar to bottom of jacket: 32 inches
Sleeves are unfinished
Trousers are uncuffed with fabric to 37.5 inches
Trousers are pleated
Full set of horn buttons are included for finishing

I hope that helps!

kali77

Reaction score
Unfortunately the shoulders are to big for me.. What a shame
mad.gif

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful suit and unfortunately not my size. But for future reference, you omitted several measurements that I would need to know before buying a suit:

sleeve length from shoulder seam
chest
waist

tarheel

Reaction score
thinman- thanks for your input. those are measurements that would be useful for someone else looking at it - thanks.

Sleeves are unfinished, but shoulder seam to bottom is: 24 inches with 1.5 inches to be let out.
Chest: 45
Waist: 42

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics