1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

>> Martin Greenfield Golden Fleece for BROOKS BROTHERS Custom 40R 3-Piece Suit >>

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by tarheel, Jun 7, 2006.

1. tarheel

tarheel Active Member

** SOLD - THANKS GUYS **

I thought I'd put something up about this AMAZING Golden Fleece suit that I've got in 40R before I list it on eBay. It was made by Martin Greenfield in New York (google him if you don't know - he's the "Tailor to Presidents") as a display suit but it doesn't appear to have even been pinned to a mannequin (the trousers aren't even creased).

It has many custom touches but the size is a standard 40R - perfect! I've got the actual production ticket from his facility that shows all of the specifications.

I have included a few pictures of it below. It is exceedingly difficult to capture the beauty of a suit like this in a couple of pictures. If you take a look at those and would like some more information, let me know and I can give you all measurements, specs, etc.

A few of the basics are:

Super 130s wool
    Navy herringbone
    40R
    34W trousers
    Matching vest
    Custom awning stripe interior lining to vest and sleeves of jacket
    Hand-stitched edges of lapels and pockets, etc.
    Side vents in rear
    Unfinished sleeves
    All button holes are hand-finished
    Prong loop on trousers
    and more and more...

If you're interested, let me know. I will be posting it tonight on eBay if I don't get a taker this afternoon but I'll give you first chance at it.

>> I don't know if I've every seen a Brooks Brothers suit that I personally like better than this one - I don't say that lightly <<

Since it was custom produced as a display, it doesn't have a retail price. My educated guess (you can check with your local BB) would be $2300+ as new off-the rack Golden Fleece suiting ranges up to $1900 and this one is a 3-piece.

I'll be posting it on eBay for $340 but would be willing to do $270 (including shipping) if I can save the listing fees/hassle and find a good home for it with an SF member...

http://www.brooksbuyers.com/GFSuit.jpg
    http://www.brooksbuyers.com/GFSuit2.jpg
    http://www.brooksbuyers.com/GFSuit3.jpg
    http://www.brooksbuyers.com/GFSuit4.jpg
    http://www.brooksbuyers.com/GFSuit5.jpg

2. gefinzi

gefinzi Senior member

I will buy it for $270 if the measurements work for me. I sent you a PM.

3. kali77

kali77 Senior member

If it does not work for gefinzi, I will take it measurements permitting. Just PM me with the measurements if it does not work out.

Thanks, Gene

4. tarheel

tarheel Active Member

A few measurements that might be helpful (all should be standard for GF 40R):

Shoulder seam-to-seam: 19.5 inches
    Top of collar to bottom of jacket: 32 inches
    Sleeves are unfinished
    Trousers are uncuffed with fabric to 37.5 inches
    Trousers are pleated
    Full set of horn buttons are included for finishing

I hope that helps!

5. kali77

kali77 Senior member

Unfortunately the shoulders are to big for me.. What a shame[​IMG]

6. thinman

thinman Senior member

Beautiful suit and unfortunately not my size. But for future reference, you omitted several measurements that I would need to know before buying a suit:

sleeve length from shoulder seam
    chest
    waist

7. tarheel

tarheel Active Member

thinman- thanks for your input. those are measurements that would be useful for someone else looking at it - thanks.

Sleeves are unfinished, but shoulder seam to bottom is: 24 inches with 1.5 inches to be let out.
    Chest: 45
    Waist: 42