• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Martin Greenfield,bespoke tailor-Quality?

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Martin Greenfield ever travel out of NYC for fittings, say to a Brooks Brothers or Neiman Marcus in Dallas? In other words, can I get a Martin Greenfield MTM suit without traveling to New York? (I'm driving distance from Dallas and I'll be in DC twice in the next 6 months, but I very rarely make it to NYC).

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does Martin Greenfield ever travel out of NYC for fittings, say to a Brooks Brothers or Neiman Marcus in Dallas? In other words, can I get a Martin Greenfield MTM suit without traveling to New York? (I'm driving distance from Dallas and I'll be in DC twice in the next 6 months, but I very rarely make it to NYC).
Yes. See Greenfield's Spring schedule for BB.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks jcusey. Unfortunately I've missed his visit to Dallas, but I'll keep an eye on the Brooks website for future "tours".

It looks like my best bet for a new suit this Summer may be hoping Filene's Basement has an Oxxford in 40L next time I'm in DC.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mack

I knew you were kidding.

I just wanted to remind you young-uns what NYC was like before Guliani.

Also back then there was a vibrant men's clothing business.

There were many factories making great clothing. Still numerous custom tailors at all price ranges.

Carl

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned in an AAAC thread (I think the Ravi's Tailor suit thread) that you could buy a bolt of fabric for cheap down in lower Manhattan and take it over to Greenfield's factory and have them sew it for you for like $600. Is this really true? Does he take walk-in CMTs? Perhaps if you mention the name Grayson?

lisapop

Reaction score
Ha--I'm afraid I wield no clout, however if you call MG's son, you might gain entry.  Worked for me although I didn't take advantage of the opportunity.  If you know a MG customer who is amenable to getting you in, that's another option.  Sending MG a "Happy Pesach" greeting card (Happy Passover) might be a last resort.
Grayson

PITAronin

Reaction score
Otis - You'd asked about the style/fabric I went with for my MTM Brooks with Mr. Breenfield. A 3-button with vest in a rich tan super 130s. (My handwritten note on the fabric is a little illegible but it appears to read Vitale Barberis Canonico). Suit should be in within a couple of weeks. Just had a call on the voicemail that the shirt that was part of the MTM package arrived late last week.

-deadmaster-

Reaction score
United States
Brookyln, New York,
Bushwick
239 Varet St

My stepmom works there...
The suits are expensive but they pay their workers minimum wage
frown.gif

But she does get rather nice tips
Look for the person sewing the buttons on the suit and give her a nice tip
Give her $50 for her son (Marco) [Me] =]
fight[1].gif

-deadmaster-

Reaction score
Woops I answered an old post...
Anyways i signed up to answer the question
biggrin.gif

........ Still someone go and give the tip plz
smile.gif

spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
boxing[1].gif
boxing[1].gif
boxing[1].gif
boxing[1].gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
blush.gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads